Sutton Bank Red Trail

bj639
bj639 Posts: 76
edited August 2014 in Routes
anyone ridden the new trail up at Sutton Bank. got a free day next week and can either try this or head back to dalby red Route. Found Dalby a bit meh and I used to drive up Sutton Bank all the time so quite intriguied to take a bike round there but not sure how it is, only info or videos I can find look just like pretty flat paths/bridleways but I think thats blue route predominanetly.

Any opinions would be much appreciated

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Not been up there but work and stay in ripon during the week so may pop over for a blast once I'm back in work.
  • Hi mate,
    I went few weeks at ago it's okay mate, lots of bridle ways and the last few miles are killer climbs back to the centre. We did the the whole red route and there is a nice downhill section. On a whole yes I would go again but not in a hurry. The good downhill section was boggy in a section and that was after weeks of sunshine so think in winter it's going to be interesting. The views are awesome but like I say think it's one for decent weather
  • bj639
    bj639 Posts: 76
    cheers mate.
    So is the last climb back up the road then?
  • Yeah it starts after a good decent then you go through a village on the road and eventually get to a fire road which just keeps going up and up. It maybe seemed worse the day I did it as it was about 28degress