bike transportation

alibabameister
alibabameister Posts: 100
edited August 2014 in MTB general
looking for ideas on securing bikes in the back of a van to stop them falling around and against each other so they don't get scratched. Anyone got any suggestions or links to products fed up with straps as hey just don't hold them well enough

cheers
AL

Comments

• ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Can you not just use bungee cords? That's what most people I know use. As for scratching - foam roll mats if you're that fussed.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Pipe insulation foam for the frames and any old blanket between the bikes to stop them rubbing together. Ratchet straps are good and you shouldn't get any movement (I don't) or bungee cords are cheap and easy to use.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Cheap duvets are useful as well for padding.
  • Ratchet straps for securing them in
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    There is a video somewhere on youtube showing a guy building a 4 bike rack for his van out of recycled timber from pallets.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    looking for ideas on securing bikes in the back of a van to stop them falling around and against each other so they don't get scratched. Anyone got any suggestions or links to products fed up with straps as hey just don't hold them well enough

cheers
    AL
    viewtopic.php?f=40073&t=12620674
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    This, bike racks. imagejpg1-1.jpg
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I strap one on each side of my howhah. Taking an elephant to BPW from Essex is a fairly slow process.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Length of 4x2" timber with a couple of San Remo front fork roofrack adaptors screwed-on. Used to have this in the back of a Galaxy with the seats folded down - stayed put, no need for bungees
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..