N + uno. ***Celeste warning***

crescent
crescent Posts: 1,201
edited August 2014 in Your road bikes
Finally decided to scratch my Bianchi itch that has been present for a long time. Umm'd and ahh'd about what I wanted and where it was going to fit with my other bikes. I sold my MTB to partially fund it (and appease Mrs Crescent). Eventually decided that I didn't want another carbon bike that I was going to be constantly trying to upgrade and improve, that role will continue to belong to my Ribble Gran Fondo. I have my Specialized Allez as my winter/poor weather bike and occasional loan to my son when he feels like accompanying me. The Bianchi simply serves to satisfy a longstanding desire to own one based on two criteria : it had to be Celeste and had to be Campagnolo - just like one I drooled over in a local cycling shop about 30 years ago. I opted, therefore, for an Impulso with 55cm aluminium frame, carbon fork, Campagnolo Veloce. It will be ridden for pleasure only, no racing, chain gangs, etc - I don't even see me putting a computer on it. I was a bit concerned that I would be disappointed in it after wanting one for so long (never meet your heroes and all that). No worries on that score though, only had it out once so far and it brought a huge smile to my face. A few final tweaks required and a cm or so to be chopped off the steerer once I am completely sure of the riding position.

2014-08-15141655.jpg
Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"

Comments

• That looks real nice, I hope it's not living in that shed...? :shock:
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Great bike. Now get rid of them terrible wheels asap. All the rebadged reparto corse wheels are heavy monstrosities. That bike is deserving of some better hoops.
  • That looks real nice, I hope it's not living in that shed...? :shock:

'Hope your not living in the shed ......
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • crescent
    edited August 2014
    Great bike. Now get rid of them terrible wheels asap. All the rebadged reparto corse wheels are heavy monstrosities. That bike is deserving of some better hoops.

I know, they're not the best wheels. I will probably upgrade eventually, but this is quite shamelessly a bike that appeals to my sense of aesthetics rather than for pure performance. Having said that, it's no bloater, weight is somewhere between my Allez and my GF.
    It doesn't live in the shed, however I may do if I buy another set of wheels :oops:
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Crescent wrote:
    Having said that, it's no bloater, weight is somewhere between my Allez and my GF.

how much does your girlfriend weigh? :)
  • crescent
    Ha-ha, :lol: yes GF is my Gran Fondo.
  • smoggysteve
    Which do you prefer riding?

Btw. Sort out your sig block. The Bianchi should TOP the list!
  • crescent
    Which do you prefer riding?

Btw. Sort out your sig block. The Bianchi should TOP the list!

Difficult to say at the moment as I'm still tweaking the set-up of the Bianchi. My Ribble holds a special place in my heart as I built it myself a few years ago and it fits me like a glove. They are both very enjoyable to ride but I have noticed that the drivetrain on the Bianchi is quite noisy. I'm trying to find out what is causing it, everything seems to be working smoothly enough but there is a distinct rattle from the chain when in the big ring and smallest three cogs, I have tried a couple of minor adjustments and there is nothing rubbing. Is this just a characteristic of Campagnolo? I've done a bit of digging around and it seems like it might be.
  • smoggysteve
    Probably just needs indexing. If you built the last bike then I know it will always feel special. Building bikes looks like one of the easiest things to do but in practice it can be a ain't to get bang on.