Man down... Cipollini

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,272
edited August 2014 in Pro race
Read it on the Repubblica website: ran over by a car in Tuscany while he was training.... he needs to have knee surgery. Wish him well, forza Mario!
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    "Mario Cipollini is in hospital in his home town of Lucca after reportedly being hit by a car while training near his home. According to reports in the Italian media, Cipollini has suffered a lesion to his knee and quadriceps muscle and is likely to undergo surgery to treat his injuries.

Initial reports suggest a car turned off the road infront of Cipollini and he hit the rear of the car with his knee."

http://m.cyclingnews.com/news/cipollini ... p;ns_fee=0
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    "So Mario, before we operate can you confirm whether you've taken any drugs recently?"
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    "So Mario, before we operate can you confirm whether you've taken any drugs recently?"

Ha:)
  • ugo.santalucia

I was hoping this could be a doping free thread... is it asking too much? :?
  • I hope it was at least a Lamborghini Gallardo Spiyer - Cipo wouldn't be seen dead being knocked down by anything less
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    I hope it was at least a Lamborghini Gallardo Spiyer - Cipo wouldn't be seen dead being knocked down by anything less

I reckon it was a Hummer, which is now written off from the damage :D
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I hope it didn't mess up his hair. I'd put money on the fact you won't see Mario on hospital standard crutches!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,332
    They'd better start recruiting some new nurses for around 9 months time...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ugo.santalucia
    SO many myths and legends... actually Mario was one of the hardest training guys in the peloton... extremely serious, behind the playboy facade...
    And fearless in a race, let's not forget he won 3 Gent-Wevelgen in the days when they weren't bailing out of the Kemmelberg 20% cobbled descent as they do these days... wet or dry
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I think he liked to portray himself as a playboy so people thought he wasn't taking it seriously then actually train really hard. The guy was awesome back in the day and he still is now.cipo-caesar.jpg
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Nah - you don't win that much unless you're totally dedicated - but he has character in buckets and I'm happy to play along with the myth!
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    They'd better start recruiting some new nurses for around 9 months time...

Hahaha

"Ciao bella......."
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601

I was hoping this could be a doping free thread... is it asking too much? :?

You ask for way too much. :wink: