Merida Cyclocross 4

2»

Comments

• redvee wrote:
    The mudguards are Tortec's

Gone for Tortec Reflectors on mine in 27-35 flavour along with a Tortec Transalp rack. Getting the shop to fit them and also remove the cross levers.

The Tortec's took a while to get straight and setup due to the calipers but I found them to be great, even when someone drove into the back of me (at 10-15mph while riding home from work, I stopped at red lights but they went togo drive through them) they twisted but straightened up again and you can't see a single mark on them :D
  • Matt, great blog, really helped me decide to buy the bike, I'm particularly interested in your cassette change to the Deore XT 11-32 which I plan to do, however when I look up prices on web it seems not only is there more than one type (m771 & Dyna-Sys) but they are both described as MTB use, which one did you get?
    Looking forward to hearing more on your experiences.
    Keep up the good work.
    Cheers
  • This is the cassette I bought http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-xt-m771-10-speed-mtb-cassette/rp-prod52281, you are correct, it is listed as a mountian bike cassette. The only change I made when fitting the cassette was I put an extra link in the chain over the original chain (which was replaced at the same time I fitted the xt cassette).

Sadly the Merida Cyclocross4 is no longer in my possesion, an opportunity arrose to buy a motorbike at the same time I signed up for another cyclescheme, so a bike had togo (according to SWMBO) & it was either the new Dirty Disco or the Merida Cyclocross4.

At least I have The Way Of The Roses as my last ride to remember the Merida with :)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My Merida fell through cause my size wasn't in stock and would take another 3-4 weeks to come back into the country, went for a Forme Culver CX Sport at £1100 which the shop dropped to £1000 for C2W, got them to fit Tortec Transalp rack and guards but not the Tortecs I originally asked for. Got the guards fitted but not the rack when I collected it cause the rack hadn't been delivered, that took another 10 days to materialise, then took another 24 hours after I was told it would be ready.
    Got a bit ranty when I went in to collect the bike with rack fitted and it wasn't ready despite giving them 24 hours notice that I'd be back the following day. Ten minutes after leaving the shop I had an email saying it was ready for collection. The rack was fitted but not level which took me a few minutes to correct and best of all I haven't paid for the rack or guards yet.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    you smashers...