Prescription sports glasses

PaddyG68
PaddyG68 Posts: 34
edited August 2014 in Health, fitness & training
I'll put this here, for want of a better forum. I need prescription specs for driving (and watching TV, cinema etc), but don't normally wear them otherwise. I've gradually notice that I can't pick out roots/rocks etc until I'm right on top of them (I'm not the most technically gifted rider at the best of times), which can lead to the odd mishap. Has anyone had any success with prescription sports glasses? If so, where did you get them, especially if mail order? I live in Switzerland, but go back to the UK once or twice a year. I have Specsavers glasses; are their sports glasses any good?
2011 Scott Spark Team 29er
2014 Cannondale CAAD8 7 Sora

Comments

• I used Optilabs www.optilabs.com/ and thought their service was great

They will send out up to three frames for you to try before purchase but not sure if that service extends to sending overseas
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    I used these people for my prescription Oakleys they were great http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk/
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • steg666
    steg666 Posts: 26
    I've wondered about something like this for a while now. I didn't realise you could get prescription ones, I though the only possibility would be a larger pair that sit over your existing specs.

I'll have to have an investigate.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    I recently used Rx Sports, made me think how did I manage for 4 years without them, it's improved my riding no end.

I'm same as OP, short sighted so only need to wear when driving etc.
  • PaddyG68
    PaddyG68 Posts: 34
    I used Optilabs http://www.optilabs.com/ and thought their service was great

They will send out up to three frames for you to try before purchase but not sure if that service extends to sending overseas

I checked out their website; seems like a very viable option. They deliver to CH and have several models suitable for road and off-road biking, as well as skiing.
    2011 Scott Spark Team 29er
    2014 Cannondale CAAD8 7 Sora