Chain ring bolts?

sandy771
sandy771 Posts: 368
edited August 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I have managed to round off one of the hex bolts on my chain ring and I want to get some new bolts to replace those that are in it. Its the stock chain ring off a Giant Trance 2012.

These seem to fit the bill, but I am not sure - can anyone advise?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/race-face-chain-ring-bolts/

While I am at it I probably need to invest in some decent hex/allen keys (this is not the first bolt I have rounded - also did the one in the service end of a nano pedal) to replace the Lidl ones I have. Can any one recommend some good keys that wont break the bank?

Thx

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Get the Park Tools allen keys, and those bolts are fine. Buy from CRC though, as Wiggle are evil :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Do those need the special tool to fit in the notches on the back or do you just need 2 hex keys?

The 4/5/6mm Park Tools hex keys on the triangular tool are pretty good
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    GrenW wrote:
    Do those need the special tool to fit in the notches on the back or do you just need 2 hex keys?

The 4/5/6mm Park Tools hex keys on the triangular tool are pretty good

No they self tighten, or at least my RF ones do.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • sandy771
    sandy771 Posts: 368
    Thanks Wiggle might be evil but the are a quid cheaper than CRC and you get one more bolt :)