Promax Render

Scottsparkrider
Scottsparkrider Posts: 59
edited July 2018 in Cyclocross
Hi,

I have Promax Render R disc brakes on my Cannondale Caadx.
http://www.cannondale.com/2014/bikes/ro ... -105-31120

I'm looking to get a spare set of wheels for racing and need to obtain an additional pair of rotors for the wheels. Does anyone know where these rotors can be obtained, or if alternative rotors would be compatible?

Comments

• I ran for a short time on Avid discs front and rear until I got the correct spacers to fit the BB7 brakes to my CAADX. No problem with the Promax Render and Avid discs and would imagine others would be fine too so long as they are the correct diameter.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    Rotors are much of a muchness
    left the forum March 2023
  • Ok thanks guys
  • Apologies for hijacking your thread....I'm tied between the 2015 CAADX105(with promax brakes) and the SRAM version that has hydraulic brakes. I was wondering if the extra £300 is worth the upgraded wheels and more importantly brakes??
    Are you happy with the braking? I haven't yet had a chance to try both but wondered how the Promax perform??
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Holy Franken!

How do I remove Promax Render R levers, please? I cannot find the tightening bolt, no matter which end I unroll hood rubber from. Struggling finding manuals, too.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Found it, bolt is right under the lever, so had to remove reach adjusting axle to bend the lever all the way and access the bolt