Touring vs Trail Specific Bike

laurangutan
laurangutan Posts: 2
edited August 2014 in MTB general
Hi,

Wondering if someone can help please? I've been looking at the Ghost Miss bikes, specifically the AMR (two models) which is described as touring and the ASX which is described as trail.

http://www.ghost-bikes.com/za/bikes-2012/bikes-2014/

Is there a big difference between the two; other than the latter having the 27.5 inch wheels and some parts that are of slightly lesser spec on the latter? I guess I am not so sure how exchangeable the terms touring and trail are?!

I'm looking to do general cross country and to improve my trail riding.

Thanks

Laurangutan

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No idea, and neither I suspect do ghost, there is 10mm difference in travel and they are listed with the same 69 degree head angle, the Miss AMX is also listed under their all mountain bikes which I don't think 130mm/69 degrees really puts it in.

Buy the one that actually does what you want and not based on some spurious tag line.

Not sure what prices you are looking at for them, but don't get hung up on getting a women's bike, mostly they are worse value for money than buying a mans and adapting it to suite the slightly different dimensions you may or may not have.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Touring in Germany doesn't mean bicycle touring like we usually think of it in the UK. It's more of a cross country, alpine meadows kind of thing.