EdT 2014 Bib Numbers

js14
js14 Posts: 198
Bib numbers are now up on the asochallenges website. They might have been there for a while, but I've been too busy cycling to look until today :wink:

I've lost 1500 places thanks to last year's slow crawl up the Semnoz. But spare a thought for a certain Joel who has been awarded bib no. 12949, which is the highest I've found so far.

Comments

• Got a linky by any chance? Just had a look around the site but can't find them...

EDIT: got it, its now appearing in the 'my order' section.

Mid-6000's, I'm 1700 places up on last year.
  • Ed F
    Ed F Posts: 79
    Bib number 62! And I'm not even related to anyone as ASO
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

and starting in wave 11 of 12. First EDT though.

Gotta stay away from the broom wagon.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • JSS
    JSS Posts: 55
    elbowloh wrote:

Gotta stay away from the broom wagon.

Don't stress about it. In the 2011 Etape (my first one) I only saw one person with a number higher than mine and I was at the back of the last pen.

As long as you don't have a serious mechanical and you go at a steady pace you'll be fine. Even if you flat early on you will be fine. Stressing about it isn't worth the effort and lost sleep...and you will discover on the day that the cutoffs for the broom wagon are reasonably generous/sensible.
  • Marik
    Marik Posts: 40
    So how do these bib numbers work? 3 of us doing it, all first time, all filled in roughly same info, got a 2000s, 4000s, and a 10000s number. Do you think any chance of managing to start together? Just nervous about broom wagon, in spite of reassurances on here
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    I don't have one at all yet. I suppose it was a late entry. Anyway wherever I start I'm not even going to think about the broom wagon until it's too late.

Paul
  • JSS
    JSS Posts: 55
    Marik wrote:
    So how do these bib numbers work? 3 of us doing it, all first time, all filled in roughly same info, got a 2000s, 4000s, and a 10000s number. Do you think any chance of managing to start together? Just nervous about broom wagon, in spite of reassurances on here

The only way to make it work is to all start together with the person who has the 10,000 number. It's very hard to move up the pens and no problem at all to move down. Only way is to go to the organisers when you pick up your timing chips etc and plead for the person in the 10000s to be moved to the 4000s...and then the 2000s moves down. If you're lucky and someone at ASO is feeling generous then you'll be able to do it but I wouldn't bet on it as they have their systems and they aren't massively flexible.
  • Marik
    Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm the one in 10000s, cant imagine they'll be rushing to join me. Take it there's little chance of just plonking myself into the 4000s pen and keeping head down??
  • Boleynboy
    Boleynboy Posts: 83
    Has anyone tried to print off their registration form yet (which you need along with your medical certificate to get your number)? It just says unavailable when I log in to the ASO site?
    Not had issues in the past, I am hoping they just do not have them ready to print yet?
  • Boleynboy
    Boleynboy Posts: 83
    Marik wrote:
    Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm the one in 10000s, cant imagine they'll be rushing to join me. Take it there's little chance of just plonking myself into the 4000s pen and keeping head down??

Last year it was quite easy to get yourself into a different pen, I ended up in the wrong one by mistake but nobody stopped me even when they saw my number.
    Some people were just hoiking their bikes over the barriers to get in, but on previous etapes it was much stricter.
    Maybe with the bigger numbers they cannot control it like they used to so you maybe lucky?
  • Marik
    Just out of interest if anyone hoped to change pens next time - don't bother! Each pen of 1000 riders is enclosed, the narrow opening blocked by two large chaps who let you in only after checking your number. It's so well organised and is a huge operation. Managed to finish, and starting in pen 10 turned out not to be a problem.
  • paul2718
    paul2718 Posts: 471
    I was in the 7000s and I saw a few in the pen from further 'down' the numbers. I assume they arrived fairly early and climbed over the barriers.

Seems a bit naff to do though.

I'm hoping that starting in the 7000s and finishing in the 3000s will bump me up a couple next year. Because there will be a next year....

Paul