Fave english language cycling writer / jourmalist

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited August 2014 in Pro race
So, while watching Slayer the Badger I was reminded how much I loved Samuel Abt's writing. I know he's retired now but he always wrote well and knew his stuff.

Who does everyone favour? Anyone you'll always read their stuff?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,919
    Quite like Herbie Sykes when it doesn't get too retro.

Did a piece on Roubaix I enjoyed a lot.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,399
    The cook kids are going to roll their eyes but I keep enjoying Richard Moore the most, Friebos is good but he does the present tense in italics a bit too much for me. David Walsh is a bit too tabloid, Will Foth is bit too emo, Kimmage is a bit too loony

If Brendan Rodgers counts I think he is good too, but I confess I read his stuff about other sports more than about cycling. Tim Moore writes about normal peoples cycling well too
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,747
    Have enjoyed Geoffrey Nicholson and Roger St Pierre, of the current crop William Fotheringham is good but I am not a great reader of cycling journalism.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,401
    I've got a soft spot for William Fotheringham, probably due to the length of time I've been reading his reports. Many is the tour I've only been able to follow in the newspaper the day after.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I always enjoy Daniel Friebe's articles in Pro Cycling.
  • scwxx77
    scwxx77 Posts: 1,469
    I always enjoy reading Robert Millars blog posts on Cycling News. Hope he eventually writes a book.
    Winner: PTP Vuelta 2007 :wink:
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    Although they still freelance, I thought Cycle Sport was at its best when both Lionel Birnie and Edward Pickering were on the staff. Richard Moore is impressing me more and more. And I'm off to see William Fotheringham at the Edinburgh Book Festival next week.
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • sy1975
    sy1975 Posts: 95
    as someone else has mentioned Richard Moore is my personal favorite - his in serach of Robert Millar book is a fantastic read. Cannot stand william Fothring - whatever :roll: very boring IMHO
    Sunny Days - De Rosa - King RS Action Azzurro lumina
    Rain - Winter - Wilier - xp izoard "petacchi"
    Classic - 1999 De Rosa - Planet - Aluminio