Are Orange owners colour blind?

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
What's going on with the hideous, eye melting colour schemes that Orange owners seem to like so much?

Comments

• pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Maybe Orange are supplying a demand. If they are, then what's the problem? Are you disablist? D1ck.
  • rockmonkeysc
    The standard colours are relatively tasteful but some buyers seem to go for hideous combinations.
    I have seen one with green front triangle, pink swing arm, white rims and purple finishing kit. What sort of person spends £3k ish on that sort of polished turd.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Yes - red green protanomolous. Quite common in Scotland for some inbred reason. Advantage is that you can't see the orange prices.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    I've seen some pretty hideous combo's, orange frame and green rims springs to mind, looked ruddy awful....

10448195_338790099613588_2169126794861272657_n.jpg?oh=968743d55a91448b79744edf0a89cc35&oe=54510146

While that one isn't as bad as some it's a little OTT and what the feck is going on with those fork decals?! :shock:
  • rockmonkeysc
    lawman wrote:
    10448195_338790099613588_2169126794861272657_n.jpg?oh=968743d55a91448b79744edf0a89cc35&oe=54510146

My 8 year old daughter likes this one. Can parents divorce their children?
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    No but you could buy her one.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    She's got a Harry Potter book and a chicken, that's enough for now.
  • She's got a Harry Potter book and a chicken, that's enough for now.
    Is the book "Voodoo for beginners"?
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I am an orange owner as many know, but agree some of the colour combos are just gash! The factory colours are pretty sweet in my opinion, but some people seem to go a little crazy. I like to keep mine more subtle as I wouldn't want anyone to recognise I ride an orange, as apparently being an orange rider is like being a modern day leper.
  • pesky_jones
    Russyh wrote:
    I like to keep mine more subtle as I wouldn't want anyone to recognise I ride an orange, as apparently being an orange rider is like being a modern day leper.

In real life, it's really really not.
  • russyh
    Is the bike radar forum not real life? I thought it represented a true cross section of the cycling community? Jeez how wrong am I :D
  • pesky_jones
    Yup. Hate to break it to ya :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    My tiny mind still can't comprehend that they supply them in other colours.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Breaking News Just In: Not everyone likes the same thing.

In other news, some people find post-2012 NukeProof graphics and colour schemes to be the most dull and unimaginative designs ever known. It has even been reported that Pringle have hired the NukeProof graphic designer to help out with their latest range of golf socks and tank tops.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • I think its just a way of warning other riders that there is a pretentious tw@ on the way... coupled with a noisy Hope Pro 2, I think its brilliant!

:wink:
  • russyh
    ha ha, A bit like when i see a canyon strapped to the back of a car. I automatically think Cheapskate..

;-)
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    I think its just a way of warning other riders that there is a pretentious tw@ on the way... coupled with a noisy Hope Pro 2, I think its brilliant!

Like :)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    I think its just a way of warning other riders that there is a pretentious tw@ on the way... coupled with a noisy Hope Pro 2, I think its brilliant!

Get out my damn way cretin!
  • rockmonkeysc
    Pro 2s are probably the best value good quality hubs but I hate the noise of mine, it even makes me think I'm a tw@
  • Russyh wrote:
    ha ha, A bit like when i see a canyon strapped to the back of a car. I automatically think Cheapskate..

;-)

Luckily mine goes in the boot!
  • russyh
    So does my orange but sometimes the wheel spins round corners and the pro 2 click. I have tinnitus from excessive freewheeling
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    do we still hate orange?

oh good. i hate them too but i cant remember why. i think they were cool when i had the ones i had but now they are websters.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I don't hate Orange. I admire their ability to sell an old fashioned product for more money than modern products without having to resort to using words like "retro" "vintage" or "rustic" in their marketing.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Out of interest, why doesn't the Heckler get the same hate?
    I accept it's slightly better looking but it's still an old single pivot
  • CitizenLee
    ej2320 wrote:
    Out of interest, why doesn't the Heckler get the same hate?
    I accept it's slightly better looking but it's still an old single pivot

It's a more refined design, has nicer welds, isn't made in a shed, and is/was better value.

The NP Mega is single pivot too, and they're now the clitoris of MTBs.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    Mega's have got a bit too popular recently, mostly due to being great value and a genuinely good bike.
    The Heckler is much better built than the Five, lighter, cheaper, and rides brilliantly (old ones did so I assume new ones do). Most importantly, they don't sound like a sack of spanners.
  • ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Yeah I do like the look of the heckler asthetically.. Nice neat frame, good solid colours and nice subtle branding and decals

Never riden a non linkage single pivot but was temped by the Heckler when buying a frame
  • russyh
    My five doesn't make a sound, not sure I get the sack of spammers remarks. It is fitted with a clutch mech. Why would it make any more noise then any other bikes?
  • CitizenLee
    Russyh wrote:
    My five doesn't make a sound, not sure I get the sack of spammers remarks. It is fitted with a clutch mech. Why would it make any more noise then any other bikes?

Comes from their DH bikes.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • pesky_jones
    Ive got a speculation.

1) the noise comes from bad maintenance/ bad assemlby etc etc.

2) theres loads of bikes that arent orange that sound like a sack of spanners - no matter the brand. could be spesh. This is definitely definitely true

3) the fact that forum users have heard that oranges sound like a sack of spanners acts like a placebo so whenever they hear/see an orange - it sounds like a sack of spanners

I believe this mainly because of point two, and also because ive seen a shit ton of orange bikes that are just as silent as the next bike! true story