Charity ride ideas? Something difficult!

jon1993
jon1993 Posts: 596
edited August 2014 in Routes
I have done a ride every summer for a charity since I was 16 including the trans Pennine trail, John O'Groats to Lands End, ect ect I was thinking of maybe climbing Snowdon on bike? Welcome to other ideas just want something that will be relatively cheap and preferably relatively quick to do but have a bit of a challenge too it? Does anyone have any other ideas?
Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
Giant Faith 2 DH bike
Boardman pro 2011
Boardman team carbon 2010
Carrera kracken 2009
Specialized fsr pro 2009
Haro custom build
Cannondale custom build

Comments

• UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    West Highland Way.

Milngavie to Fort William, most of it not too bad, minus a ladder section over Loch Lomond and the steep bit in Glencoe.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Coast to Coast off road.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • jon1993
    Lost boy good idea but I have already done that one and I have herd of the west highlands way being really good the only problem with that is im based in Hull (East Yorkshire) so would cost a lot and take a lot of time to do that I would imagine, thanks!
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    jon1993 wrote:
    I have herd of the west highlands way being really good the only problem with that is im based in Hull (East Yorkshire) so would cost a lot and take a lot of time to do that I would imagine, thanks!

Getting to the start at Milngavie would take maybe 4 hours drive. WHW is 96 miles, so it depends on how far you can go in a day, but it's easily done in 3, and people have done it in a single day before. Getting back from Fort William is 3 hours to Glasgow.

There's hostels and backpackers places all the way along, as it's popular for walkers to do, so plenty of places relatively cheap.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Three peaks by mountain bike. It's going to be tough, but possible. There will be some carrying on Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike but there's no point if it's not a challenge!
  • jon1993
    That's a very good idea, I have ran up Nevis and I know I couldn't bike up most of that and my xc bike would never make it down there alive there wacking great big boulders most of the way. My downhill bike would but obviously theres no chance me riding that up anywhere it weighs 21kg lol So not sure if its doable with my equipment
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build