Ks lev or Thomson dropper

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited August 2014 in MTB general
Guys,
I am looking at a dropper post for my kona in 27.2mm and want to know whats your options on dropper posts, are they worth it? Also options on the two makes. The ks is retails at £330 and is it worth the outlay. It's £359 for the Thompson so both big money to lay out.
Stuck what to do

Comments

• KS from Bike-Discount is a lot cheaper than that price.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    you can get the Raleigh RSP one in that size for £80 ish. Might be worth a punt if you're not sold on the idea of a dropper
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I just got a Lev Integra for my Bronson - its pretty nice, good lever and easily installed. I like it but I only paid about £160 for it through distributor in Canada.

Not sure the Lev 27.2 is available yet is it?
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    27.2 Lev has been around for ages but there's been a to of complaints about it due to not having an adjustable air pressure like the bigger Lev's. Personally there's only one 27.2 dropper that would get my money and that's the Gravity Dropper.

Have you actually managed to find the Thomson in stock? AFAIK they're still not in the UK.
  • Apparently Thompson been delivered to uk next week allegedly, I have read a lot about the ks lev having issues and maybe it's a result of them having to cram it into a smaller stem. Undecided what to do really, the ks is expensive and the bad reviews putting me off
  • aldo45
    aldo45 Posts: 13
    I got a Gravity Dropper copy off ebayed for circa £60. No problems as yet and it's been excellent.

(I did replaced the standard lever with one from a fork lock out.)
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I'd still go for a Gravity Dropper over the Thomson. The Lev had a pretty good rep before the 27.2 so the Thomson could be the same. I'm going to be taking a risk on the Covert but that's similar to the current ones than the 27.2 could be. Pretty sure the Gravity Dropper is a fair chunk cheaper than the KS or Thomson as well.
  • its pretty nice, good lever and easily installed. I like it but I only paid about £160 for it through distributor in Canada.1mnQwaB
  • dirkpitt74
    dirkpitt74 Posts: 518
    aldo45 wrote:
    I got a Gravity Dropper copy off ebayed for circa £60. No problems as yet and it's been excellent.

(I did replaced the standard lever with one from a fork lock out.)

Which one did you get?
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    FYI the thomsons should be in lbs as of last monday