Campag r.hand shifter broken?

PercyFlage
PercyFlage Posts: 75
edited August 2014 in Workshop
Hej
It started with a rattling inside the thumb shifter (but perfect shifting) and a few days later i've no tension in either direction - therefore shifting is impossible.
I've taken the lever off the bars (still attached by the cables) and a disc has fallen out from underneath. It appears that it shouldscrew directly back in but won't.

I appreciate this is all very vague but any suggestions as to cause and remedy
(Nearest campag centre over 3 hours away)

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    You can send it to the Campag centre...
    left the forum March 2023
  • PercyFlage
    PercyFlage Posts: 75
    Was hoping to avoid this, especially as two days ago i stripped the winter bike and have nothing else to ride.
    It appears it's the Central Pivot washer and fixing screw which have fallen out.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Well you will have to send it somewhere. also what shifter is it, the ultrashift ones have lots of procution spares there is alot less for for the new powershift models, in the latter case a new shifter body is not a bad solution and quicker.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    Why not have a look at the Campag youtube vids and see if fixing it yourself is a possibility ? Your fix may be a lot more difficult but I put a new pair of springs in a shifter recently and it took me 45 minutes and cost less than a tenner for the pair of springs.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]