Accident in Richmond Park this evening.

prhymeate
prhymeate Posts: 795
edited August 2014 in Road general
I didn't see it happen but rode past an accident between Richmond Gate and Ham gate around 7:15pm. The traffic had stopped and everyone was on their phones/looking after the two in the accident. There was one guy on his back in the grass and a woman on the road with what looked like a pretty bad head injury. I didn't stop as it was already busy but I really hope they were both ok and don't have any lasting injuries. Does anybody know? Had to really pay attention on the ride home to stop my mind wandering.

Comments

• jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    The road was totally closed for a long time after the accident had been cleared up, which unfortunately suggests a serious injury if it needs the investigation team. But I don't know more.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    I passed it at 7:10pm, im guessing about 2-3 mins after it happened. Enough people on the scene by then not to require me getting in the way.

And yes, seen a roadie writhing in pain on the grass and the poor women face down in a pool of her own blood, she was conscious when I passed and someone was with her. Hope she's ok,
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Ah, I wondered what had happened and feared the worst. I drove into Richmond Park via Richmond Gate at about 8.30pm and the road was still closed off. Hope both people are ok.
  • kamatt22
    kamatt22 Posts: 68
    I passed the area about 1 minute after the crash. plenty of people around, and glad to know that the woman was conscious, as I feared the worst when I slowly went by her. it did not look good, and she was not moving.
  • thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Saw the aftermath too. Hope everyone was OK. Ambulances and police on the scene pretty quickly so hope the injured got the required attention. As others have said the road was closed for quite some time and was still closed when I left at about 8:45.
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    At least she was conscious, although the road closure doesn't sound good. Fingers crossed.
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    Were they both cyclists?
  • BarbieA
    BarbieA Posts: 1
    Hi, it was my sister involved in the accident. Her injuries were horrific but she is healing well. I've let her know about these posts and she'll be able to let you know what happened. She isn't a cyclist. Thank you so much for your concern :)
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Glad to hear she is recovering well.
  • adam0bmx0
    adam0bmx0 Posts: 263
    Glad to hear she is on the mend!
    If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
  • jimmas
    jimmas Posts: 50
    Hope they both make a speedy recovery
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for updating us on your sister, glad to know she is recovering well.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • damocles10
    damocles10 Posts: 340
    BarbieA wrote:
    Hi, it was my sister involved in the accident. Her injuries were horrific but she is healing well. I've let her know about these posts and she'll be able to let you know what happened. She isn't a cyclist. Thank you so much for your concern :)

I wish your sister and all a speedy recovery.....it must have been very frightening for all involved .