Helmet Cams

KernowMatt
KernowMatt Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi all after several road rage incidents I have decided to fork out for a helmet cam but am a bit tight for money. Could someone recommend a reasonably priced budget camera around the £40 mark? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    No idea, but I would be interested in this as I do not want to fork out £200 on a camera...
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    anjasola wrote:

Gets a very good write up on Techmoan.
    Plenty of accessories available too
    https://joovuu.com/gb/?a=techmoan
  • 80min battery life?

Not the best is it- OK for a daily commute I guess...
  • anjasola
    anjasola Posts: 145
    80min battery life?

Not the best is it- OK for a daily commute I guess...

You can buy an additional battery pack for longer run time.
    £ for £ I don't know of a better cam.
  • As said above, ideal for communting but for leisure use your just gonna look a saddo
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,170
    KernowMatt wrote:
    Hi all after several road rage incidents I have decided to fork out for a helmet cam but am a bit tight for money. Could someone recommend a reasonably priced budget camera around the £40 mark? Thanks in advance.

If you had SEVERAL road rage accidents, you should probably ALSO start questioning what YOU are doing wrong...
    I commute daily in London and other than the occasional angry motorist screaming something from the window, which I never pay attention to, I never had an accident worth filming
    left the forum March 2023
  • If you had SEVERAL road rage accidents, you should probably ALSO start questioning what YOU are doing wrong...
    I commute daily in London and other than the occasional angry motorist screaming something from the window, which I never pay attention to, I never had an accident worth filming

Where I live we have a hard to understand one way system which often leads cars to mistakenly drive into the face of oncoming traffic. When I and others try and flag them down we are often met with hostility, I do not know why. North Cornwall seems to bring out the worst in drivers at times.
  • anjasola wrote:

Looks interesting, I'll have a good look at the reviews. Thanks.
  • if you can stretch a little further I think these are the best for the money..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Action-C ... 4624d22b5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIOzVp8dva4
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    If you're looking for a commuting camera, the Commuting forum on here might be a better bet :wink:

Be aware, though, as above, that opinions are varied on cameras and their place on commutes - I, for one, never bother because it's just not worth it. I'd rather focus on avoiding problems.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH