Paainful Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Turns out I'm suffering a bit from my run a couple of days ago. The thigh just above each knee is basically saying "Nope". Not too bad at the moment, but we'll see.

Football match yesterday was ok, not great, but ok.

Today involves soldering, then an evening of tidying and watching boxing or something else manly.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Running always equals pain

Another day of beach, beer and sun here :) problem is the end is near :(
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:
    True. The question is, do I wait until my pain has gone, or do I run through the pain? It's clearly warming up/cooling down issues I'm having (well, in the running department, my life clearly has a LOT of issues!)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Packing the bike in the car... hopefully will get out after work tonight.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    matthew h wrote:
    True. The question is, do I wait until my pain has gone, or do I run through the pain? It's clearly warming up/cooling down issues I'm having (well, in the running department, my life clearly has a LOT of issues!)

Slow jog to see if it makes a difference
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    I feel a tad worse for wear this morning. Whilst this is traditional for me on a Turdsday I'm feeling it more than usual today. I fancy another kip but unfortunately I'm at work and my colleagues complain the snoring is a distraction.
    Out for lunch with the Mrs later, until then I will have to make do with tea and ginger nuts. The biscuit variety, not Mick Hucknall's bollox.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Lots of stretching after the run will help if you don't do much of that already.

As matthew h says try a run at a slower, steadier pace and see how that feels.
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Morning 'tards.

No boss today so a solid days loafing will be on the agenda today :D

Not much else to report in my exciting life :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

A vigorous walk is much better.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

A vigorous walk is much better.

How's that going to help his legs :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    then an evening of tidying and watching boxing or something else manly.
    You've been doing life wrong.

Afternoon Gapers

Today is CAD (yawn), and trying to get a huge contractor to send someone down to supervise tread replacement of a local bridge, with a veiled threat of releasing their name to the general public if they refuse :twisted: They are literally huge, but apparently can't send one person down for one day for the next month :?

New series of QI should be coming out soon, I went to see it being recorded and sat in the front row so if any of yous watch it you'll get to see my ugly mug :mrgreen:

Meh. Laters
  • thekickingmule
    arran77 wrote:
    Lots of stretching after the run will help if you don't do much of that already.

As matthew h says try a run at a slower, steadier pace and see how that feels.
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Cheers lads. I'll go for a walk first, then a light jog.

It's been a fun day. I emailed my minions to give them the date that they would be returning on, and one replied with his resignation :roll:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Or a walk?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening burglars of the turd!

Got a reet lash on at my mates leaving meal yesterday, drank enough to kill a civvy, didn't help that i had my head in a hole all day removing a bit of metal out of a big jet thingy!

In other news its early to bed the neet!

toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er