Help with Pro Lite Bracciano wheels

Gazmania1
Gazmania1 Posts: 87
edited July 2014 in Road buying advice
Wondered if anyone might be able to help with a query. I bough some Pro Lite Bracciano wheels from Chain Reaction in early 2013. When I bought them I seem to remember them being 10 and 11 speed compatible - I was using them on a 10 speed bike so was fine as it came with an extra spacer for this, but I have recently upgraded to an 11 speed bike and when I've gone to fit the 11 speed cassette it doesn't fit (it's not the cassette as it's fine on another 11speed wheelset) There's nothing for the locking ring to grab onto as the little 11 tooth ring seems to be one ring too many. This seems very disappointing as I'm now left with a useless wheelset.

Has anyone else got this wheelset and found this? Is there anything I can do to make it compatible?

I'm waiting to hear back from Chain Reaction but not sure if there's anything they'll do as I've had the wheels for 16 odd months.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Thanh55
    Thanh55 Posts: 25
    Properly its mean campag 11 speed and shim 10 speed. That space just for 10 speed only, you might have to stuck with its or lucky could have a new shim 11 speed freehub to replace.
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=12936685
    ^not sure if that is relevant.

You can run an 11 speed campag cassette on a campag freehub with shimano drivetrain. So if you can get a campag freehub that might be easier.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,242
    In the past the PRO Lite used a Novated rear hub fitted with a type C freehub, but I have no idea if this is still the case. If there is a place where you can get an 11 speed C type Novatec freehub is BDOP Cycling, if not, it means it doesn't exist and the Campagnolo route is the only option. Alternatively ask PRO-Lite directly, although you know things get slow when you go that route
    left the forum March 2023