Tuesday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

So it turns out my car is farked yet again. There's no power when accelerating. It struggles to get to 3,000 revs. Anyone any idea?

Quickly jumped on my bike and got over to Bury for a meeting. Then went shopping at Tesco and rode home. Not my greatest move. The milk decided to explode in the top box, so I found all my shopping swimming in a white substance.

Today, not only do I get to solder, I get a lesser-minion in to learn how to solder. Fun times.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Having fun there TKM!

Today is beach, bar, beach, bar, bed - consistent!

Today is also avoiding work as I honestly thought the current wife was going to loose it on our boat trip yesterday :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Matt, you could go crazy and mix things up a little by going to a beach bar. That would also save on travelling time between the two.
    Had to drive in today. Had to transport bits of the Mini to fettle. Looked like a cab driver again as I dropped the EPO off at work then had the boy and another colleague in the back that I was giving a lift to. At least I haven't got Jewish racing gold wheels though.
    Need to get myself sorted for the Ride London thing soon, apparently it's not far off now. I might change my tyres, although big fat cross tyres are more comfy. Once I've done it I'll have 2 weeks in the Tuscan sun to recover.
    Until then tea and chocolate chip cookies...
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    So it turns out my car is farked yet again. There's no power when accelerating. It struggles to get to 3,000 revs. Anyone any idea?

Does it have a turbo? Possibly a hole in or split turbo hose.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Morning all.

Enjoyed last night with an Italian :wink: I'm off work for a week as well so happy days. Might go for a swim or a bike ride today. Swapped my rear tube yesterday before heading out for the first time in yonks and got a puncture within half hour. Pretty lame. Il have to swap it again if I wanna go out again today.

Might just go for a swim at the pool, but I dont think it will be as nice as swimming in the sea weekend just gone.

Laters
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Did V68 enjoy himself too :lol:
    Enjoyed last night with an Italian :wink:

Afternoon twunts.

Nothing exciting to report whatsoever, the highlight of my day is going to be a stroll down to the lake in a minute to see what's occurring, as this is the middle of nowhere I suspect the answer will be feck all :lol:

Laters ladies 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    arran77 wrote:
    Did V68 enjoy himself too :lol:
    Enjoyed last night with an Italian :wink:
    He wouldn't have enjoyed it if he'd been with me.
    I'd have bored him stupid.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Antm81 wrote:

Does it have a turbo? Possibly a hole in or split turbo hose.
    Apparently it does. Astra CDTi. I believe it's leaking fluids. I had to refill the coolant again, so that must be escaping somewhere, though where or how quickly I don't know. I've also found a couple of oil splodges.

Damn thing is going to end up in the scrap yard at this rate!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    V68 - don't you worry - the first bar was on the beach
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evening Gits,

An uneventful day on the corporate hamster wheel but I'm at least pedalling home shortly and it's warm n sunny outside :) There's a bottle or rum with my name on it for when I get home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evenin lovers of Subo!

shyte morning in work, physio post lunch informs me i have a minor hernia in my upper groin area! He had his hands all over me and we'd only just met! I'm really not that kind of boy you know!

Another shyte morning inbound tomorrow but an afternoon of dining and booze to say tata to a couple of colleagues that have nearly racked up sixty years service between them!

Smash tastic..........toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    MONGS !!!!

Tiz been a good while since I posted some shite in ere...how are we all ??? is webster still around ? think last time I wished upon him to have a hedgehog for a sh*t....

Anyway have gone to the darkside and have moved to carbon...what are we all doing you useless bunch of farksticks...
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Stevo_666
    Pudseyp wrote:
    MONGS !!!!

Tiz been a good while since I posted some shite in ere...how are we all ??? is webster still around ? think last time I wished upon him to have a hedgehog for a sh*t....

Anyway have gone to the darkside and have moved to carbon...what are we all doing you useless bunch of farksticks...
    Evenin' Pudsey. We're still talking shyte and not riding bikes :)

We've not seen the Webster for a while...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    bg13 wrote:
    shyte morning in work, physio post lunch informs me i have a minor hernia in my upper groin area! He had his hands all over me and we'd only just met! I'm really not that kind of boy you know!
    I had the same thing 3 years ago so I can tell you all about the way they're going to slice open your groin to fix it, and the rather unpleasant post op swelling and bruising :P