Thule Pro Ride 591 Bike Rack vs Standard Manufacture

slinkydonkey
slinkydonkey Posts: 27
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hello

So im going to buy a roof rack for my Kia Pro Ceed 2009 as fed up of getting mud everywhere.

So apart from the price whats the point in me being a Thule Pro Ride 591 vs the standard 'Pro Ceed 2008 - 2011 Cycle Carrier - Single Cycle' obviously with this it can only take one bike which is fine.

The Thule is £75
The standard one is £23.25

http://kia-pro-ceed.sgpetch.co.uk/pages ... le/id=7111

Cheers
Paul S

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    The Thule one has a higher load capacity and takes up to 17kg which is useful if you ever want to carry downhill bikes. It's also more adjustable and lockable.
    It's well worth getting the Thule wingbars as well, even at 100mph there is virtually no wind noise where cheap, square bars can be noisy even at low speed.
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    I had a few different types of carriers then bought the 591, it's excellent. So quick to put the bike on and off, very secure and well built. If I ever need to buy another carrier it will be the 591, well worth the extra money IMO.

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    Having personally seen a couple of 591's tumble down the road at 60mph and still be in near perfect condition and still fully attached to the bikes; I can vouch for the quality of them!

btw it was the rack that failed not the carrier!
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite