(some) Roadies are just plain wrong.

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Just perusing the road parts sales section and came across a topic that scared me a little...

Would you buy a pair of second hand padded bib shorts, knowing full well that roadies go commando down there?

I dont think there is a vomiting smilie.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    roadies go commando down there?

That's probably why them buy them :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Apart from those admitting on the thread that's going at the moment they wear boxers, I'd hope mountain bikers don't wear anything under their shorts either...

But yes, second hand shorts is grim.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    People are strange.
    sniffed.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • homers_double
    njee20 wrote:
    Apart from those admitting on the thread that's going at the moment they wear boxers, I'd hope mountain bikers don't wear anything under their shorts either...

True enough but any self respecting individual would not buy what is in effect some onelses goochsweat tampon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • arran77
    njee20 wrote:

True enough but any self respecting individual would not buy what is in effect some onelses goochsweat tampon.

True out and out roadies don't have any self respect :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    In Japan there are vending machines with used pants, I can only imagine that most of the people that use the machine will wear them on their face?
  • arran77
    Schmako wrote:
    In Japan there are vending machines with used pants, I can only imagine that most of the people that use the machine will wear them on their face?

Why the fuck would they wear them on their face :shock:

Do you have personal experience of this sort of thing :P

seanoconn
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Used bib shorts, just so very wrong, let's face it you wouldn't wear another man's boxers I know I wouldn't, so I can't see why anyone would even consider wearing 2nd hand bibs that have had a lot more sweat in them.....I feel ill now!

As for boxers under bibs simply daft, commando is the only way to go for comfort.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    are bib shorts the ones with dildos stitched in to the back to keep them up? if so, im not keen on a second hand pair.

if i was selling some though, id make sure the padded bit was sopping wet like the little meat pad you get in supermarket pre-packaged meat.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    cooldad wrote:
    I've bought these before.
    sniffed.jpg

just sick
  • homers_double
    Like, man those old knickers are sooooooo sick!

Or eurgh, those are just sick...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    njee20 wrote:
    I'd hope mountain bikers don't wear anything under their shorts either...

Hoping to catch a glimpse? Generally shorts that mtbers (excluding XC racesnakes) wear aren't the same type roadies wear - they're just bog standard shorts, so of corse you'd wear boxers underneath :?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I always wear boxers. I personally can't see why you'd not.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    these are my fave underpants.

closely followed by these which take a little while to mould to your form but once they do, i reckon you ddcould do away with the saddle and just ride the seat post!!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I dont think there is a vomiting smilie.
    Au Contraire
    sick0021.gif
  • homers_double
    njee20 wrote:
    I'd hope mountain bikers don't wear anything under their shorts either...

Hoping to catch a glimpse? Generally shorts that mtbers (excluding XC racesnakes) wear aren't the same type roadies wear - they're just bog standard shorts, so of corse you'd wear boxers underneath :?

To be honest I always have done but I think that after my tarmac jaunts I'm going to dig out the clip in padded liner shorts and use those
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I alway go commando. There's nothing like an unfurnished basement.
  • cooldad

closely followed by these which take a little while to mould to your form but once they do, i reckon you ddcould do away with the saddle and just ride the seat post!!

I have so missed that.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    these are my fave underpants.
    You are either Dubya or Batman.

pdyxh0.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • njee20
    Generally shorts that mtbers (excluding XC racesnakes) wear aren't the same type roadies wear - they're just bog standard shorts, so of corse you'd wear boxers underneath

No they're not. Padded shorts of any ilk are designed to be worn against the skin. If you're a massive retard, or a big fan of crotch rot you carry on though!
  • pesky_jones
    Ok...I wear normal shorts though. I guess I havn't hit the point where my body starts failing and I need padded shorts, crack on though. And I dont get crotch rot or whatever you call it, you might want to get that seen to.
  • njee20
    Nah, because I don't wear underwear. Keep up.

You'll find most folk doing reasonable amounts of riding will wear padded shorts, but they're not necessary for standing in car parks, high fiving other riders and saying "sweet roost brah", so you're probably ok!
  • pesky_jones
    Funny. Those charectirists are normally displayed by middle aged, padded shorts, camel back, £100 goggle wearing riders. But nice try :wink:
  • homers_double
    Oi, my £150 Torstein Canopy goggles are reserved for snow purposes only.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pesky_jones
    No offence Homers Double, they're good for sweet roosting brah
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I used to wear boxer shorts under my baggies but after trying a padded liner short I would never go back.