tubbs_214 Posts: 185
edited July 2014 in Road general
well today i rode up it i didnt get off

i will not be doing it again

has anybody else been stupid enough to try this

Comments

• Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Congratulations on making the climb. Why the write off after conquering it this time? Is the gradient and/or distance really bad?
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    As in Hebden Bridge - Heptonstall? Nasty climb, good work. I've yet to try it. It might be a while before I do.

Old timer, unless there's another buttress somewhere, this one starts off at a gradient of 30% and averages 25%. It's rough cobbles for 350m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NPIHeGPtg
  • tubbs_214
    tubbs_214 Posts: 185
    Yeah it's on the natinal cycle way for some reason as well with the arrows telling you to go down it. Which I thought was a bit daft. I won't be doing it again as it's just brutal but not in a fun way I've rode on cobbles before but nothing as steep and as uneven as those.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    I'd not considered it being on the NCW, that's ridiculous.
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Gozzy wrote:
    As in Hebden Bridge - Heptonstall? Nasty climb, good work. I've yet to try it. It might be a while before I do.

Old timer, unless there's another buttress somewhere, this one starts off at a gradient of 30% and averages 25%. It's rough cobbles for 350m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NPIHeGPtg

That is pretty stiff in anyone's book at those gradients :shock: I'd have to walk that one at some point, probably early on. I have one excessively steep climb that is about the same length and the pavement is rough as cobbles, with sharp edged aggregate in the asphalt that is about 10 years past needing re-pavement. The gradient isn't anywhere that steep and when I hit it full on its not bad, if I don't keep my momentum and cadence up its a struggle. I can see why Tubbs isn't keen to climb it again :roll: .
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...