SCREW YOU GRIM REAPER!! I WIN!!!

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
My body has far too many moles on it for my liking and this week, one in my armpit started itching. Upon further inspection, it had a large, horrible, scary growth coming out of it. I spent Wednesday night on the Internet looking for reassuring info, but all I could find that looked like mole was advanced stage of the most aggressive form of melanoma. I subsequently spent most of the early hours of Thursday morning planning for my family's welfare following my death. Anyway, I went to the doctor's yesterday and he told me that it doesn't look dangerous at all but he would still cut it off and send it off for analysis.

So, this morning it was the very unpleasant sensation of injections in my armpit before watching take a scalpel to my mole. It's quite sore this evening but I don't mind, because I can say "hahaha, death, you messed with the wrong man here!" 8) 8) 8)

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Hope it doesn't go septic now!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    df97ae544c72989f4de3fbf697c0714fb58cf0e136e0826010b5b5921de16069.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Oh my. That meme had me proper LOLing.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    austin-powers-mole-o.gif
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    You may win the battle, but the Reaper will win the war. :wink:
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Oh my. That meme had me proper LOLing.

Completely pmsl'd for about 5 minutes!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Came out of the surgery, got hit by a truck...RIP
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Came out of the surgery, got hit by a truck...RIP

Seems like you have fantastic recovery powers.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Secteur
    Secteur Posts: 1,971
    so... was it a melanoma?!

I hope not!!
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Sounds like quite a relief, hopefully the biopsy comes back clear as the GP suspects.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Sounds like quite a relief, hopefully the biopsy comes back clear as the GP suspects.
    +1. Any news back from the docs on this finchy?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • finchy
    Oh yes, sorry to keep you all waiting.

And the news is that I'm going to
    ..........................................................................................................................................
    ..........................................................................................................................................
    live.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Have they given you the all clear after removal and tests ?
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    Yes. They said it's nothing and I'm just a big yellow-bellied, crybaby, scaredy-cat.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Yes. They said it's nothing and I'm just a big yellow-bellied, crybaby, scaredy-cat.
    They didn't tell you anything new then :wink:

On a more serious note, good news.
  • arran77
    johnfinch wrote:

Ya big wuss :P

Big relief though :D well done :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Excellent, ya big jessie.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    My girlfriend has a painful ugly growth on her neck - her head.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    supersonic wrote:
    My girlfriend has a painful ugly growth on her neck - her head.

There's an app for that.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ballysmate
    Pleased for you Finchy.
    But this is the first game of the first set and the Reaper ALWAYS wins the tie break. :cry:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    nathancom wrote:

That happened when I went through the same procedure - took 9 months to clear and left a big ugly scar. Ironically the doctor had said he could remove it in the surgery but would do it in theatre instead as it would be neater!

In the last few days I've had a kidney stone and there's been times I think the Reaper is winning by letting me live!!
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pleased for you Finchy.
    But this is the first game of the first set and the Reaper ALWAYS wins the tie break. :cry:
    Not all of us are playing the 5th set Bally :wink:
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pleased for you Finchy.
    Not all of us are playing the 5th set Bally :wink:

It's all I can do to try to hold serve. :cry:
  • Stevo_666
    Just do what I did and sell your soul to the devil. Or in my case a sale and leaseback arrangement, it's more tax efficient.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Pross wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

That happened when I went through the same procedure - took 9 months to clear and left a big ugly scar. Ironically the doctor had said he could remove it in the surgery but would do it in theatre instead as it would be neater!

In the last few days I've had a kidney stone and there's been times I think the Reaper is winning by letting me live!!
    Ouch, I have heard that kidney stones are the closest men can come to the pain of childbirth. What are you going to call it?
  • finchy
    Thanks everyone. Don't worry, I know how much I mean to you all and I wouldn't want to leave a massive hole in your lives by checking out early.
  • finchy
    Pross wrote:
    nathancom wrote:

Good luck with that one. It'll be interesting to examine it once it comes out though.
  • ballysmate
    9 am and no sign of Arran. :shock:
    Hope the reaper hasn't claimed him, or worse still, he is having to do some work. :lol:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    9 am and no sign of Arran. :shock:
    Hope the reaper hasn't claimed him, or worse still, he is having to do some work. :lol:

:lol:

No, just a leisurely start to the day as the littlies are on school holiday so I don't always get to work quite when I should :shock:

Normal service is now resumed :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Phew...