Giant centipede

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,424
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Saw one of these on my back doorstep today...

imagejpg1-20.jpg

Scolopendra or giant centipede -can grow up to 30 cms long FFS!

...possessing a specialized pair of first appendages (forcipules) tipped with venom-injecting claws, immediately behind the mouthparts. Large members of the Scolopendra genus may even be dangerous to humans. However, humans are rarely bitten, because of the centipedes' generally secretive lifestyle and the wussey nature of humans who generally scream like girls and run away. The bite is intensely painful, accompanied by substantial local swelling. Other symptoms include fever and nausea. There are even a few fatal cases attributed to scolopendras, but these are the result of unusually unfortunate circumstances, such as a bite to the esophagus.

This is not my photo as when I saw it I screamed like a girl and ran away :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    team47b wrote:

This is not my photo as I got Mrs T47 to take it while I hid under the bed

FTFY :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • team47b
    Not getting me under a bed it's dark under there :D

I have been stung by a scorpion, but luckily it was a big one, it's the small ones that you have to worry about!
  • arran77
    team47b wrote:
    Not getting me under a bed it's dark under there :D

Get Mrs T47 to hold your hand :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    How many millimetres long was this one again? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    But it's OK they are nocturnal, so I'm alright until it gets d...oh sh1t :D
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just as well you didn't find a human centipede on your doorstep. Now that would have got the neighbours talking ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    tumblr_n5x46x7Pag1qg5cp3o1_500.jpg

Millipede minor
  • team47b
    Gonna need a bigger bat :D
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    years ago i was in india, little hotel in a coastal village, there was quite a gap under the door, one night a huge millipede decided to pay a visit

looked like a string of black marbles, it was longer than a floor tile so over a foot long, i shooed it out, even with all those feet it had very poor traction on the tiles, was all over the place on the turns as i herded it towards the door

not long after i heard a woman scream, presumably it'd tried her room next :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    It would make quite a good pet IMO, you could stick it in a fish tank with some rocks and sand or something. Would be good fun to bring it out at parties :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Ballysmate wrote:

Millipede minor

Wallace realises that it isn't dairy based cheese he's eating ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

Millipede minor

Wallace realises that it isn't dairy based cheese he's eating ......

Nah, he's just realised that Nick Clegg smeared his man sauce in his sandwich :wink:

seanoconn
  • Matthewfalle
    The realisation that he's actually a bit of stool finally hits Wallace slap bang between the eyes. Followed by further realisation that's he's actually eating Nick Clegg's porridge.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    team47b wrote:
    This is not my photo as when I saw it I screamed like a girl and ran away :D

That sort of behaviour should be reserved for spiders, but looking at the Pic, I agree. Better to run and live to fight another day.
  • arran77
    The realisation that he's actually a bit of stool finally hits Wallace slap bang between the eyes. Followed by further realisation that's he's actually eating Nick Clegg's porridge.

There's an echo in here :wink:

seanoconn