sunnyday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,528
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
after last night's intellectual exertions, i am now setting out from deepest london on m'shiny bike to see if i can reach the mythical isle of grain and bring back the treasures that surely must be found there, unless i get lost again
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I saw that, are you trying to outdo me as the most annoying member of Bottom Bracket :wink::lol:
    sungod wrote:
    after last night's intellectual exertions

Another sunny day indeed.

Today will consist of the usual Sunday school and family type stuff plus hopefully a bit of relaxation time 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Brunch at 10 ish today, though I am suffering enough to be unsure of how I will handle it. Ride cancelled due to brunch and well the stupid time I got in at. But a good time was had by all.

Enjoy your day ladies
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Today I have managed to get a sore throat, so I will be relaxing and getting ready for my trip to Poland tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    arran77 wrote:
    I saw that, are you trying to outdo me as the most annoying member of Bottom Bracket :wink::lol:
    He'll have to do a lot better than that :wink:

Morning Lycra Wearers,

Having survived my trip to Chavsville-on-Sea yesterday I am hoping for a more cultured day. Started with coffee and some peace 'n' quiet so we're off to a good start. A trip to Waitrose may figure, although a the 'Falle norks challenge' may be more difficult than I originally thought :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Sat in a bar trying to get sky go via a remote desktop at work so I can watch the gp - it's not working but the efes is cold :)

Today has been the usual intervals on an exercise bike to get ready for ride London then nice time out at beach - later is roots bar
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    didn't make it to the isle of grain, mainly as i hadn't actually planned a route in any more detail than 'over tower bridge then go east', eventually ended up on the a289 and had a bravery failure involving visions of high speed screaming metallic death

took the first junction and a road heading into the sticks, got lost, had a sandwich and a coke in a one-shop village, got lost again, came across a sign claiming that cycle route 1 to gravesend was thataway, handy i thought

it began as a road, became a fairly smooth strade bianche, then a rough potholed rock strewn strade bianche, at various points hemmed in by hedges etc. leaving a gap narrower than me

so there i am on a road bike taking it fast as i can to smooth it out and wondering how far it is to gravesend

i saw 3-4 others riding things that looked like stevo's castoffs, then after one final insult comprising a long stretch of fractured concrete slab i finally reached a road and discovered a new noise which turned out to be due to a saddle clamp bolt having been shaken loose

got lost a few more times, had eggs on toast at the giggling sausage cafe, then back to civilisation and the streets teeming with lovely ladies with much bronzed thigh and unfettered jubs (great name for a band)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just flopped on couch with glass of vino bianco in hand. Shattered but at least it hasn't rained over the past few days while while I've been sleeping under the stars (in fact it's been too hot, but I'm not complaining).
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.