Sticky Monday

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Another sticky night last night :shock:

Probably the only benefit of being a desk jockey is sitting in an air conditioned office.

Think I'll get a little ride in tonight on the mountain bike as I need to pop over and do some bits of gardening for my mum, hopefully it'll be cool along the canal :D
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    there's something I just never understood - why is it a "mountain" bike? I understand the French "velo tout terrains" much better.
  • arran77
    florerider wrote:
    there's something I just never understood - why is it a "mountain" bike? I understand the French "velo tout terrains" much better.

It's a roadies fault :wink:

Mountain biking began in Marin County, California when a bunch of bored road racing cyclists (also into counter-culture type stuff like pot smoking :wink: ) and their friends discovered the fun of riding old fat-tyred bikes down and then up Marin's Mount Tamalpais.

The bikes broke, so they fixed and improved them, and eventually started building custom frames for them. That was the point at which the 'klunkers', the name given to the bikes they rode at the time became mountain bikes.

The frogs as always know feck all :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    arran77 wrote:
    a bunch of bored road racing cyclists

The frogs as always know feck all :wink:
    No surprise there on both counts :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Not much of note for me today other than leaving the office in 20 mins to go to my kids nearly end of term prize giving, then working from home.

I also need to start doing some research about what to do on holiday when we get there in just over 2 weeks time 8) Speaking of which, has anyone heard from 'The Liverless Wonder' or has he spontaneously combusted and taken half of Cyprus with him?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I also need to start doing some research about what to do on holiday when we get there in just over 2 weeks time 8)

I'm bored today Stevo, tell me where you're going and I'll select some activities for you and the family :D

seanoconn
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    The boss is back at work today, so the mood in the office has dived...

I go on holiday at the end of August to the Loire valley and the wife has suggested I cycle there whilst she drives down with the kids.
    Now my choice is, do I go for an all out 24hr slog to do the 480km from Calais? Or do I take my time while away from the wife and kids and spend a few nights in hotels :-)
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I also need to start doing some research about what to do on holiday when we get there in just over 2 weeks time 8)

I'm bored today Stevo, tell me where you're going and I'll select some activities for you and the family :D
    Okie dokie, we're off to a place called Grasse in the South of France (somewhere north and a bit west of Nice IIRC). Good to see you use work time productively :P
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Okie dokie, we're off to a place called Grasse in the South of France (somewhere north and a bit west of Nice IIRC). Good to see you use work time productively :P

:mrgreen:

Why the feck did you decide to go there Stevo :shock:

A quick search reveals it has a tower standing at 30m, a monumental gate, a perfume museum, an art museum and a chuch built in 1644 :roll: You're going to be bored shitless :wink:

That's what I thought until I discovered they have an annual Fête du Jasmin or La Jasminade, at the beginning of August which on the face of it sounds pretty gay as well but it involves floats driving through the town, with young women in skimpy costumes on board, throwing flowers into the crowd 8) As long as you can avoid getting poked in the eye by a rose you might get an eyeful of minge instead :twisted:

Sounds like your wife and your daughter will have lots to do and you'll be entertained for perhaps a day, the rest of the time you'll be in some bar drinking the place dry moaning to us :lol:

Hope this helps :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    You think I decided to go there? :roll: :)

Plus points are:
    Wine
    Food
    Totty
    Our own pool 8)
    Not too bad a rip off for the school hols
    Time to access BR while the two girls are doing all the boring shyte
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I also need to start doing some research about what to do on holiday when we get there in just over 2 weeks time 8) Speaking of which, has anyone heard from 'The Liverless Wonder' or has he spontaneously combusted and taken half of Cyprus with him?
    Where are you going? Have I mentioned I'm going to Tuscany in late August?
    I reckon Mrs Liverless Wonder has 'accidentally' put a foot through his laptop to stop him working.
    Busy at work today, no fun. I also have my son working in the warehouse for the summer so am pretending to behave.
    Started writing this 20 minutes ago and work got in the way. I really should try and eat my sarnies. Now there are answers about Stevo's holiday. Grasse? Does that mean Fat? Won't be many slim and attractive girlys there then.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Plus points are:
    Wine
    Food
    Totty
    Our own pool 8)

Result 8) Pool party at your place with the girls from the flower floats while you pack the wife and daughter off to some of the boring shite :D

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Plus points are:
    Wine
    Food
    Totty
    Our own pool 8)

Result 8) Pool party at your place with the girls from the flower floats while you pack the wife and daughter off to some of the boring shite :D
    A plan is hatching :twisted: better pack some extra Euros.

Thanks for doing the homework btw 8)
  • arran77
    Here you go Stevo, the scantily clad women of the Fête du Jasmin :wink:

080G2D.jpg

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I like Grasse, taking the bike? good area to cycle around, you may get to wheel suck one of the F1 guys as well if they are on a break weekend/week

Good wine, beautiful people on the coast. pretty area, though busy in the summer.

Now back to stroking my new frame having picked it up, but only the bar and stem has appeared for the extra bits :(

On the other note got a new job which sucks cos that means no working from home any more even if the pay is higher and reliable.

Enjoy sunny monday!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I like Grasse, taking the bike? good area to cycle around, you may get to wheel suck one of the F1 guys as well if they are on a break weekend/week

Good wine, beautiful people on the coast. pretty area, though busy in the summer.
    Thanks - good to know, unfortunately we're flying down so no room for bikes :( . Plus I am a grade A sun dodger, it's hard enough stopping myself overheating and getting burned just sitting on my arris by the side of the pool :P So trying to to roadie things in that heat is probably just as well. Will stick to swimming and may take the running shoes for an evening jog.
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Here you go Stevo, the scantily clad women of the Fête du Jasmin :wink:

080G2D.jpg
    Now you're talking :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...and may take the running shoes for an evening jog.
    Get out! :twisted: :arrow:
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

2-4 August Stevo 8)

http://www.grasse.fr/Jasmine-festival

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How else will I escape wifey and stropchild? :)
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

2-4 August Stevo 8)

B***er - we're there the following week.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

2-4 August Stevo 8)

B***er - we're there the following week.

That's it then, your holiday's going to be shite :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    I still have wine, food, a chav free swimming pool and my 'scoping shades' for trips out :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    How else will I escape wifey and stropchild? :)
    If evening jog means going out for a drink I'll let you off.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    One of the best steaks I've ever had was in Grasse followed by a lovely chocolate mousse. I didn't realise before then how something so basic as chocolate mousse could be so nice. Was back in 2000 though and I really couldn't tell you whereabouts in the town, had a fair bit of vino that night too.
  • Stevo_666
    One of the best steaks I've ever had was in Grasse followed by a lovely chocolate mousse. I didn't realise before then how something so basic as chocolate mousse could be so nice. Was back in 2000 though and I really couldn't tell you whereabouts in the town, had a fair bit of vino that night too.
    We will definitely be eating out in Grasse a few times, so will look out for somewhere serving a decent plate of cow.
  • arran77
    Steak and ....... for Stevo :lol:

seanoconn