Sundayfunday!

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
62km in the bag already, just got the bathroom floor to tile the tidy the loft.

Funday indeed... Not
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149

Funday indeed... Not
    That's a bit keen. I've put my back out but luckily got 3 rides in during the week just gone to keep me going till I'm capable of not looking like an old man when trying to get out of a seat. Coffee has been consumed, got some bits n pieces done while wifey and stropchild are out. Might get something involving fried pig and egg for lunch so things are looking up.

In other news I've given up trying to sell the bruiser as no ****er wants it unless I give it away so it's staying as a spare in case the Panzer is out of action at some point. Crafty N+1 as well 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    It's sunny, I missed my ride this morning (7.15 start time and I got it and like 3 or something) so now I'll just go the golf and wait until it rains to cycle again
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • 62km in the bag already, just got the bathroom floor to tile the tidy the loft.

Funday indeed... Not

Can't you marry a bloke who'll do all that for you?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • homers_double
    No, I can guarantee his tiling won't be as good as mine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    did a scrappy 88km, could've been more but the roads became infested with suicide pedestrians, twuntish rljers and sunday drivers, decided to give up and veg out the rest of the day

logged into megacorp to check my diary for tomorrow, blocked it out for an early afternoon departure to go wining/dining sungodess
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260

Funday indeed... Not

You're going to tidy the loft in this heat :shock:

Sea Sunday today so been to church to pay my respects to those who are not lazy desk jockeys like me and actually do a pretty damn tough job.

This afternoon will be spent in the garden gazing at the skies watching the planes from Farnborough 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • homers_double
    Well, mainly get a load of new skiing gear out of the spare room up there in a tidy manner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Funday indeed... Not
    That's a bit keen. I've put my back out but luckily got 3 rides in during the week just gone to keep me going till I'm capable of not looking like an old man when trying to get out of a seat. Coffee has been consumed, got some bits n pieces done while wifey and stropchild are out. Might get something involving fried pig and egg for lunch so things are looking up.

In other news I've given up trying to sell the bruiser as no ****er wants it unless I give it away so it's staying as a spare in case the Panzer is out of action at some point. Crafty N+1 as well 8)

If you'll split the postage with me, i'll take it off your hands.

Up early. Coffee. Breakfast. Ride. Shower. More coffee and 2 bacon sarnies. Bliss.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:shock:

Quoted for Arran's future use :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

F*ck, I'd even pay the postage if you actually bought a proper bike Piña :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Except that he's not actually offering to buy it, he wants me to give it away and he makes a contribution to postage. It'd be on McGumtree or getting hawked down some shady Stranraer boozer within minutes of delivery :)
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Except that he's not actually offering to buy it, he wants me to give it away and he makes a contribution to postage. It'd be on McGumtree or getting hawked down some shady Stranraer boozer within minutes of delivery :)

The tight arsed mock jock :wink: probably not the first time that's been said either :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    There's nothing mock about that degree of tightness :)
  • AlexMac1973
    AlexMac1973 Posts: 406
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There's nothing mock about that degree of tightness :)

It's all lies you know :lol::lol: Some of us sometime offer to go dutch :wink:
    Scott S40 Speedster
    Dialled Stay Strong MX20R

I no longer live in an ivory tower, these days it's vintage white :shock:
  • AlexMac1973
    Well there was nothing bike related, watched the f1 then went into the village where I couldn't park up so I had to resort to using the village hall and then got abused by the local am dram society as I was taking up a parking space that was needed for their performance that wasn't starting for at least 5 hours at that point.

Nothing like giving as good as you get, being a northerner in Cornwall they all think I'm a tourist, so when I had a go back saying that's a lovely way to treat a local I was asked where I lived! The surprised look on their faces when I said in this village. Bunch of tw@ts.

On the upside, when I did retreat back to the car park the ticket machine was broken. Every cloud eh :lol:
    Scott S40 Speedster

• Stevo_666
    Well there was nothing bike related, watched the f1 then went into the village where I couldn't park up so I had to resort to using the village hall and then got abused by the local am dram society as I was taking up a parking space that was needed for their performance that wasn't starting for at least 5 hours at that point.

Nothing like giving as good as you get, being a northerner in Cornwall they all think I'm a tourist, so when I had a go back saying that's a lovely way to treat a local I was asked where I lived! The surprised look on their faces when I said in this village. Bunch of tw@ts.

On the upside, when I did retreat back to the car park the ticket machine was broken. Every cloud eh :lol:
    Not sure why you felt the need to retreat from a face off with the amateur dramatic society, even if most of them probably have at least one more digit on each hand than you :)
  • AlexMac1973
    Trust me, local round here means proper local!! :lol: I'd come back to the car being blocked on all side by the rest of the duke brothers and hazard county :roll: Can't afford another criminal record. :wink:
    Scott S40 Speedster

• pinno
    Was there lots of flouncing by them AM?

You're right Stevo - I didn't offer to buy it. I wanted to see how it would look after it was baled into a 14"x14x18" cube and was willing to pay half the postage just to see.
    Maybe some other forumites could stump up the rest of the postage costs - pretty sure there is a few that would love to see the Bruiser properly bruised :D
  • AlexMac1973

I think the bloke thought I was going to clout him one, he got very nervous when I walk upto him to have a discreet chat. Next time I'm going to stand in the carpark like a loon shouting a plague on all their houses - See how they like putting up with bad acting :wink:
    Scott S40 Speedster

• Stevo_666

I think the bloke thought I was going to clout him one, he got very nervous when I walk upto him to have a discreet chat. Next time I'm going to stand in the carpark like a loon shouting a plague on all their houses - See how they like putting up with bad acting :wink:
    Careful, they might do a reverse 'Wicker Man' job on you :)
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

^ Is that all you could do in your bid for forum posting glory?
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

^ Is that all you could do in your bid for forum posting glory?

It worked though :P

seanoconn