Wilier Cento 1 Air

ellotreacle
ellotreacle Posts: 76
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
46acfc05-a6f6-4d62-913e-5219b5915725_zps182af97d.jpg

Here is my Wilier Cento 1 Air, with Rotor 3D+ Cranks (noQ), Ultegra Di2, 3T Ergonovas Team Stealth Bars, 3T ARX Team Stealth Stem, and Zipp 60's. Weighing in at 8.1kg.
Colour is Matt black and fluorescence yellow as I wanted something that stood out just a little bit.

Took it out for a spin on Sunday, and its fast!! Didn't think I was trying very hard and still manage to set 10 PB's on Starva segments. And before I hear you shout thats because your fitness has increased, this is only the 4th time I have been on a bike since the 6th March, as I got hit at a roundabout and got a fractured wrist for my toubles :cry: so was in plaster for 7 weeks, and just got enough movement and strength in my wrist to be able to ride again :D Hence why I have a new bike as my beloved Storck was a right off, and it wasn't even a year old!!!!

Hope you guys and girls enjoy looking as much as I enjoy riding her. Taking her for a ride over to Cambridge Monday to watch the tour, so glad she arrived in time :lol:

Some more photos:IMG_1447_zps66f4e722.jpg
IMG_1186_zpse2267788.jpgIMG_1187_zps16e001a8.jpgIMG_1226_zpse7b9f546.jpgIMG_1199_zpsce2ea894.jpg
And maiden voyage,atthebeach_zps1cb20e91.jpg

Comments

• xstrathyx
    xstrathyx Posts: 1,104
    That there is a real bike. Love the colours on it too. Looks mint
  • Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    That is one lovely bike it even looks fast.
    Enjoy it.
  • Yum Yum Yum .... 8)
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Tasty.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Lovely.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Devastazione
    Devastazione Posts: 280
    You must be a big bloke !

Beautiful bike,Willier is probably the only italian brand I would consider.
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Oh we like that .... Lots :)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Wow
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Thank you everybody for the great comments.
    You must be a big bloke !

Beautiful bike,Willier is probably the only italian brand I would consider.

Devastazione I take it you think that because its a XXL frame, but the top tube is only 58cm, weird Italian sizing, think its due to it being a cross between their road bike and their TT bike. (even their XL frame is a 57cm Top tube)

Managed to take her out for a good ride today, and have to say the handling is superb, very responsive and instant power transfer. And opening it up on the straight seemed effortless, it seemed as though it just wanted to go faster and faster, I just can't wait for my full fitness to return so I can start taking full advantage of it. :D

And being a newbie to Di2, I am finding the gear changing very fluid, and the auto trimming is a nice touch, but the best feature Im finding so far, is being able to change gear whilst breaking. I can go fast into corners breaking late, and effortlessly change gear with a little touch to give me the best acceleration coming out.
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    Fantastic
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Absolutely beautiful, Willier's are (in my opinion) underrated bikes, eyeing up a GTR Veloce for my next bike!
  • Well just a little update, i can happily say that the bike is not just a racing machine, took her out for a ride last week and 92 miles later made it home again. The set up is slightly more aggressive than my old bike, so was expecting some soreness in my lower back or neck, but surprisingly I had neither, the ride was smooth, and comfortable.
    It was a dream to ride, and just wanted to go fast.

The thing that surprised me the most was my fitness, considering I have only ridden approx. 9 times since being knock off and breaking my wrist in March, with a total of 65ish miles, to bang out 92 miles with a break half way and still felt good at the end was a complete shock.

Now looking at some local cubs to join, for some TT action :D