Upgrade options for Rock Shox Dart 3s

Elliottc
Elliottc Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys!

My rock shox dart 3s recently given up and leaked oil and air all over the place and some plastics internal had snapped as well as the remote lockout failing, now I need to get a new set but I don't have a clue which ones to get and if they'll even be compatible with my wheels/disc/frame

I have a cube Acid 2012 model and I reckon I could spend up to about £400 on new forks.

Help? :D

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    What actually snapped on the forks, most parts should be replaceable and probably not for a huge amount. If you are wanting better forks though I'd recommend a set of rockshox rebas. Very good forks, just make sure the forks get serviced now and then (it's easy to do yourself) and should help prevent failures.
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    You would make a massive difference to the ride quality on your bike changing them out to reba's or even recon gold's, they'll be a pound lighter, stiffer and with more sophisticated damping.
    If you have a budget of £400, you could probably spend the change on a set of discounted wheels lighter than the originals, combined these two upgrades would make it feel like a new bike !
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I went from Dart 3s to Rebas. So much better.