What a fecking storming Friday

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Storm last night scared the crap out of the cats, got woken up by them pawing at my feet at about 1am.

Rode in through a damp but absolutely beautiful Nonsuch park, just a shame about the detritus on the road.

Today i am mostly skiving I think, off to go and get some sausage rolls.
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Indeed, moist in Bushy Park as well.
    Some quite spectacular lightning last night, or so my wife tells me. I slept through most of it.
    It's Fryday so the delights of the Fryday Fry up Fantasia are calling. Should I go for the extra bubble as well?
    Have fun folks.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Day off, forecast of a nice hot day, water chilled, long ride planned.

It's wet, where's my heat wave?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    XrCGhM.jpg
    Veronese68 wrote:
    moist in Bushy Park

Morning.

It was indeed a stormy night last night and that was just the warm up for tonight's storms :shock:

Early finish today so less tea and loafing for me 8)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    This isn't just rain, this is thick, heavy very wetting rain.....
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I watched the storm last night, amazing lightning but hardly any thunder. Until the big bang that made me sh1t myself.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    all this talk of bad weather makes me glad I'm away from tomorrow morning :) (that's if the plane doesn't get hit by lightning)

work today followed by pub later :)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    all this talk of bad weather makes me glad I'm away from tomorrow morning :)(that's if the plane doesn't get hit by lightning)

Or a missile :shock:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Blue skies here in Scotland, suckers!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    We're not fussed, enjoy your Midge onslaught in a few weeks time!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    all this talk of bad weather makes me glad I'm away from tomorrow morning :)(that's if the plane doesn't get hit by lightning)

who would do a thing like that!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    I've not yet talked to anyone today who wasn't woken up by this storm.

Have a good sunshine break Mr h. Dare I ask if it's all inclusive? :P

Pedalled in today, quite humid but not too bad. I think I'm going to get roasted on the way home so I may need to sink a cold beer or two before I head home to keep me hydrated. Next uplift venture now sorted and its a double header :) - but in September :( Ho hum.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

who would do a thing like that!

Well now the Ruskie's have the black box we'll probably never know :wink:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nope! Never actually done all inclusive (obviously excluding corporate jollies)
  • arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I suspect h is on some sort of all inclusive holiday black list and it would set off alarm bells as soon as he tried to book one :wink:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    No storm last night, but lightening on my way to an interview this morning. Had that then went and bought a new S works Tarmac. oops. Followed by breakfast at a lovely hotel where the espresso was great (double) but cost me far too much then back home for another espresso and to buy the rest of the stuff for the bike!
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    sa0u823e wrote:
    No storm last night, but lightening on my way to an interview this morning. Had that then went and bought a new S works Tarmac. oops. Followed by breakfast at a lovely hotel where the espresso was great (double) but cost me far too much then back home for another espresso and to buy the rest of the stuff for the bike!

You bought an S works Tarmac and all the bits for it and you complain that the espresso was too expensive :lol:

seanoconn
  • Flâneur
    £4.95 maybe less but £4 something
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    If anyone has a spare missile kicking around I have a use for it.
    If anybody sees a low flying spineless twunt with a rocket up his aris I don't know anything about it.
  • Flâneur
    have to be small enough for the arse or just able to carry him far far away?
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If anybody sees a low flying spineless twunt with a rocket up his aris I don't know anything about it.

Right you are :wink:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    Sorted it, rocket no longer needed. Bloke's still an aris though.
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I suspect h is on some sort of all inclusive holiday black list and it would set off alarm bells as soon as he tried to book one :wink:
    It'd be a bit like Monty Python's 'Mr. Creosote' going to a restaurant :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Update. Happy now after a barsteward of a week at work - project finished, rum consumed and gravity based double header booked at Park Wales and Cwmcarn on consecutive days in early Sept 8) B&B where we're staying serves up an evil 'Full Welsh' brekkie - like a full English but more filling and less healthy.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm guessing it's only the crises in Gaza and Ukraine that's keeping Cyprus off the front pages this week?
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm guessing it's only the crises in Gaza and Ukraine that's keeping Cyprus off the front pages this week?

Just as well really, can you imaging the shame he'd bring on this place :wink:

seanoconn