Humpday Thread

arran77
arran77 Posts: 9,260
edited July 2014 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Made it here again 8)

A fun evening yesterday in the Kicking Off thread, I think we probably lost another brother though :shock:

Tender made it out the door last night so today should be quiet at work today :D

Anyway onwards to tea :mrgreen:
"Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    morning

work meh full day expected, and repeated later at home.

Haven't been to the pub since Sunday - they are going to be worried about me.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Quiet day today, weights, maybe a run, get kit ready to head out very early doors tomorrow. May even have a bucket or two of espresso.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Good moaning,
    Lovely sunny day out there, but I had to drive in. I thought it was going to be a quiet day at work, unfortunately not the case. Bit of a laugh as the new phone system has now been in for a few months and they are getting reports with useful data. I must admit to laughing as it shows who actually does do the work around here, more incredibly it makes me look good. You wouldn't believe how lazy some of my colleagues are.
    Bunking off early today and out for a cycling pub crawl tonight. Marvellous.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good moaning,
    Lovely sunny day out there, but I had to drive in. I thought it was going to be a quiet day at work, unfortunately not the case. Bit of a laugh as the new phone system has now been in for a few months and they are getting reports with useful data. I must admit to laughing as it shows who actually does do the work around here, more incredibly it makes me look good. You wouldn't believe how lazy some of my colleagues are.
    Bunking off early today and out for a cycling pub crawl tonight. Marvellous.
    Where do you leave the bikes on a pub crawl?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Choose pubs that you can sit outside with the bikes. This is vaguely the route, although we follow the river more and there are a few other varieties. Once tried a route over Wimbledon Common, but it's a long drag and the Fox and Grapes can no longer be called a pub.
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Choose pubs that you can sit outside with the bikes. This is vaguely the route, although we follow the river more and there are a few other varieties. Once tried a route over Wimbledon Common, but it's a long drag and the Fox and Grapes can no longer be called a pub.
    Pub garden didn't even occur to me :oops:

Sounds good :D Can we go now? It's too hot for work and I'm gasping!
  • veronese68
    You need to spend more time in pubs then.
    Unfortunately we're not setting off until 8:30. The older and lazier contingent are already moaning that it's too far so it might get cut short, one of them is riding over from Raynes Park. It's already very slow, I once did it on a 1970's folding bike and was still the first to the top of Richmond Hill.
    You are more than welcome to join us, but it could well drive you mad.
  • seanoconn
    Ooh thanks, see you there :D

I'd love to, a few pedal strokes followed by ice cold cider, Mmmmm.... But I'm playing nurse maid for a poorly OH this evening :(
  • veronese68
    Cider! :twisted:
    You'd have to drink real beer like what us old gits drink.
  • seanoconn
    I'd drink my cider out of a jug as a compromise?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

cider here too!
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

cider here too!
    That's only because the higher alcohol content fills the void where your liver was quicker. :P

The older ones are now talking about riding to a curry shop. Fine in principle, but the curry shop is less than a mile away from the starting point, that makes my total journey from home 1 mile each way. I think I'll walk so I don't have to bother getting the bike out and then locking it up. :?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I always find that a cheap cider just ruins my meths. :wink:
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

cider here too!
    That's only because the higher alcohol content fills the void where your liver was quicker. :P

The older ones are now talking about riding to a curry shop. Fine in principle, but the curry shop is less than a mile away from the starting point, that makes my total journey from home 1 mile each way. I think I'll walk so I don't have to bother getting the bike out and then locking it up. :?

1 mile - that's a big trek for the older ones, how long does the battery last on their scooters? :lol:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Inspired by all your after work activity suggestions I went out for a lunchtime curry and a couple of large beers, curry is great when the temperature is 38c in the shade, really warms you up a treat :D

What we doin' tomorrow?
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Tricky day at the office but have been to pub for an hour - now need to pedal home. All traces of alcohol will be gone by time I return back from my 'working late at the office' :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    At my parents in Wimbledon as I had to fix my sisters car. Now waiting for the boy to finish eating so I can get to the pub.
    Seano, you can follow us if you can keep up with an old git on an old MTB.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    team47b wrote:
    Inspired by all your after work activity suggestions I went out for a lunchtime curry and a couple of large beers, curry is great when the temperature is 38c in the shade, really warms you up a treat :D

I'll pass that advice on. Supposed to nudge 30C here on Friday and I've already heard one radio report with warnings about the heat. You wouldn't believe this country once spawned an empire to encompass some of the hottest parts of the globe :roll:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    team47b wrote:

I'll pass that advice on. Supposed to nudge 30C here on Friday and I've already heard one radio report with warnings about the heat. You wouldn't believe this country once spawned an empire to encompass some of the hottest parts of the globe :roll:

Saw a news item last night warning people about the heat and what to do in hot weather. Ffs!!!
    People being interviewed, saying they were worried for their kids. Get a fecking grip folks!!
    No doubt the same worried parents will drag their sprogs off to Benidorm in a couple of weeks time. Jesus wept!!
    Rant over. :)
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Saw a news item last night warning people about the heat and what to do in hot weather. Ffs!!!
    People being interviewed, saying they were worried for their kids. Get a ******* grip folks!!
    No doubt the same worried parents will drag their sprogs off to Benidorm in a couple of weeks time. Jesus wept!!

You really are a grumpy old fart Bally :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    team47b wrote:

People being interviewed, saying they were worried for their kids. Get a ******* grip folks!!

He's not wrong though, at least not about that.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    team47b wrote:

He's not wrong though, at least not about that.

True, he's still a grumpy old fart though :wink:

seanoconn