crazy roadies!

Ferrals
Ferrals Posts: 785
edited August 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Over the last weekend, and in busy urban areas, I've seen lycra clad, expensive looking bike riding roadies:

1) hammer at full speed straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing with people walking across it
2) take a short cut by going the wrong way round a roundabout to turn right
3) and nearly had one over my bonnet as he came round a blind downhill corner fully leaned over and on the wrong side of the road.

Does shaving legs shave off common sense :?: :?: :!: :evil:

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I blame wiggle
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    most people would blame strava :lol::lol:

personally I think its a FBI conspiracy
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    If their crazy, its your duty to put them out of their misery.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Ferrals wrote:
    Over the last weekend, and in busy urban areas, I've seen lycra clad, expensive looking bike riding roadies:

1) hammer at full speed straight through a red light at a pedestrian crossing with people walking across it
    2) take a short cut by going the wrong way round a roundabout to turn right
    3) and nearly had one over my bonnet as he came round a blind downhill corner fully leaned over and on the wrong side of the road.

Does shaving legs shave off common sense :?: :?: :!: :evil:

I'm a roadie and this kind of behaviour really pi$$es me off, especially with the London commuting brigade. I don't shave my legs though.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I'm not a roadie and I don't shave my legs and I agree this sort of thing is ridiculous. However, I've also seen drivers breaking the speed limits or texting whilst driving, pedestrians walking out into the road without looking, dog walkers not controlling their animals, fishermen blocking the path with their tackle (oooh-errr Mrs) and all sorts of other examples of people behaving like selfish twunts.
    Remember nearly half of the people you meet will be of below average intelligence. Maybe we should just kill everyone to cover all eventualities.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Maybe we should just kill everyone to cover all eventualities.
    Maybe not everyone, can i keep shakira please and maybe a bloke called dave as everyone needs a mate called dave.

apart from that i agree wth the OP, if you've lost all self respect and started shaving your legs, then your already half way to loonyvile
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Remember nearly half of the people you meet will be of below average intelligence. Maybe we should just kill everyone to cover all eventualities.

Someone in history held similar views :P

jDezLf.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Remember nearly half of the people you meet will be of below average intelligence.

Is this because the other half (the half above average intelligence) don't mingle with us mongaloids and stay in the safety of their private estate/jet a.k.a VTECH :D
  • pesky_jones
    If I'm right then Ferrals is a mongaloid. Not my words, Veronese's.
  • arran77
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Remember nearly half of the people you meet will be of below average intelligence.

Is this because the other half (the half above average intelligence) don't mingle with us mongaloids and stay in the safety of their private estate/jet a.k.a VTECH :D

You can't use the word mongaloid any more you spaz, it's offensive :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    arran77 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

You can't use the word mongaloid any more you spaz, it's offensive :wink:

I once got a warning in work for calling myself a retard :lol: I couldn't figure something out and then I realised I'd missed a bit out of the sequence. I said "sorry, don't mind me, I'm just being a bit retarded today"

and the woman complained to my manager :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    You mental cripple!

And i say we put themin this giant stadium, 2 at a time arm them with swords and shit and get them to kill each other with promises of freedom, while we get normal people to pay to spectate!
  • veronese68
    I would have had Adolf killed as well, even without hindsight he just looks shifty.
    OK maybe killing everyone is a bit extreme, I'll revert to my usual stance on this sort of thing. You take the most extreme 10% of each social group* and have them shot. That will get rid of all of the nutters for a while. Eventually others will step up to take their place so the exercise needs to be repeated every few years. Then we would live in a peaceful world with no war or red light jumpers.

* I realise this puts me in the top 10% of people wanting to kill extremists but it's for the greater good.
  • veronese68
    welshkev wrote:
    I once got a warning in work for calling myself a retard :lol: I couldn't figure something out and then I realised I'd missed a bit out of the sequence. I said "sorry, don't mind me, I'm just being a bit retarded today"

and the woman complained to my manager :lol:
    :lol: She'd have an absolute shitfit if she worked here then.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Can't we just plough loads of money into proving God doesn't exist then all the religious nutters will have nothing to fight about?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Thewaylander
    no because they will then fight over string theory right or wrong? oh the humanity!
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Most cyclists are dicks really... :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • pesky_jones
    what is string theory?
  • pesky_jones
    Is it the answer to the age old question - how longs a piece of string?
  • Thewaylander
    well it leads up to the lime theory, and it all goes hand in hand with the chopped liver theory...
  • pesky_jones
    Ive also wondered the cruddie obsession with limes, string, kidney etc. I've thought about asking - but then realised I dont actually want to know. Ok I do really.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Where I work there is a cycle path crossing the entrance to an industrial estate. Cyclists have right of way but they come out from behind a hedge. The sensible ones slow down so cars can see them and stop, the dicks just go flat out through it and shout abuse at anyone who doesn't see them. Its great, so far this year two particularly mouthy cyclists got punched, one got hit off and one rode in to the side of a stationery (not moving, not a van full of pens and rulers) van. There is a big sign telling cyclists to slow down but I guess if they are on a strava run then they can't afford to slow down.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    what is string theory?
    If your girlfriend has a bit of string hanging out of her Poonani then you're going to have a hard time?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • what is string theory?
    Not sure, I hear it has something to do with limes though.

Very nearly knocked a roadie off the other day.. i was slowing down to pull into a drop off point (with indicator on), he came flying out of a side road and tried undertaking me... obviously my fault!

Been tonnes of mamils appearing since TDF kicked off!
  • pesky_jones
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    what is string theory?
    If your girlfriend has a bit of string hanging out of her Poonani then you're going to have a hard time?

Is that theory or fact? Or just a challenge.
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    what is string theory?

Is that theory or fact? Or just a challenge.

If the pink's out of action go for the brown :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    POAH wrote:
    what is string theory?

which one :lol:

How about you explain M theory first as a gentle introduction. No cutting and pasting from websites.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    The cat's dead.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    POAH wrote:
    what is string theory?

which one :lol:

How about you explain M theory first as a gentle introduction. No cutting and pasting from websites.

I can't, I'm not a quantum physisit and my understanding of quantum mechanics is limited to NMR. However I can tell you that M theory is ment to unify the different string theories together as it suggests that they (different strings) might be same thing viewed from different positions.

If you want to know more I suggest you google it yourself. I believe there is a metaphor involving guitar strings you might just understand ;)