My Moda Stretto

Wirral_paul
Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
Thought it was about time i posted some pictures up of my Moda Stretto. Not quite finished yet as I want to change the standard forks (probably 3T Funda thanks to a thread on here) which should save me about 1/2lb - I was shocked to weight them on an accurate balance at 640g (inc crown race and star nut).

Spec to date is

Frame: 2011 Moda Stretto 54cm
Fork: 2011 Moda Stretto (to be 3T Funda Team or Enve 2.0 Aero)
Headset: Moda standard fitment
Wheels: Boyd Cycling 58mm carbon clinchers
Tyres: Schwalbe Ultremo ZX HD with Vittoria butyl tubes and Zipp valve extensions
Chainset: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 Ultra-torque 53/39 with 172.5mm length
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Record 2011
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 band fitment
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Chorus 2011
Cassette: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 12-25
Chain: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 11-speed
Pedals: Time i-Clic Carbon
Brakes: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 Dual Pivot front / Single Pivot rear. Boyd Cycling carbon specific pads
Gear/Brake Levers: Campagnolo Chorus 2011 Ergopower 11-speed
Saddle: Specialized Romin Pro 143mm, carbon rails
Seatpost: PRO Stealth Evo aero carbon
Handlebars/stem: PRO Stealth Evo 44cm / 12cm stem length
Bar Tape: Bontrager Gel Cork
Computer: Garmin Edge 800 with HRM and Cadence
Bottle Cages: Arundel Mandible

Weight: 16.7lb inc pedals and computer

DSCF0202600x450.jpg
DSCF0205600x450.jpg
DSCF0204600x450.jpg
DSCF0208600x450.jpg
DSCF0202600x450.jpg

Comments

• Dont you just hate it when your images refuse to resize!! Working on it now

Edit: pics now fixed
  • Love the bike but I would ditch the red tape IMHO.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Tape matches my cycling gear and breaks up the black and white. I did consider bright kermit green too. Black or White looks boring on it. lol
  • Nice bike, i looked into one of these.

I would drop the decals on the wheels to give it a cleaner look.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Nice bike, i looked into one of these.

I would drop the decals on the wheels to give it a cleaner look.

Agree wholeheartedly with wheel decals being removed - too 'busy' with them as it stands.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    I have the same bike, although mine looks totally different!.. wheels / tape / components etc etc.. same frame though! :roll: :D
  • Just look at this again,

Honestly, if you remove the decals on wheels, this could be one of the best looking bikes on here! (an put some black or white tape :twisted: )
  • @wirral_paul - I'm interested where you managed to source Boyd wheels in the UK. I've looked and can't find them anywhere. Where did you get them ?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    @wirral_paul - I'm interested where you managed to source Boyd wheels in the UK. I've looked and can't find them anywhere. Where did you get them ?

I ordered them direct from Boyd in the USA. Took a couple of weeks to build and arrive. Two invoices with identical sums per wheel so only paid import duty and VAT on one wheel!! :D
  • Hey, looking for opinions on the Pro Stealth Evo seatpost, if you wouldn't mind sharing opinions.
    Thanks!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I don't think you need to change the bar tape, would look a bit monochrome with black or white! If you take the stickers off the wheel people would just think they were Chinese knock offs. Looks fine how it is Next;-)
  • Logo overload with the various decals for me, far too garish.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    oh my word... 8)
  • dan_cup
    dan_cup Posts: 51
    Hi, I realised I've dragged this back for the depths but I would like to know how tall you are?

Trying to gauge if a 54cm frame would be ok for me at 5'10. I ride a 58cm cube agree at moment but when you compare geometry both top tube lengths are 545mm but I'm not sure if the modos is the virtual horizontal as the cube is 560mm .

Ta
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Lovely. Lush. Really, really like these.

No probs with the logos.

Seriously nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    dan_cup wrote:
    Hi, I realised I've dragged this back for the depths but I would like to know how tall you are?

Trying to gauge if a 54cm frame would be ok for me at 5'10. I ride a 58cm cube agree at moment but when you compare geometry both top tube lengths are 545mm but I'm not sure if the modos is the virtual horizontal as the cube is 560mm .

Ta

If it helps, I ride a 56cm of this model/my at 6ft exactly, however I had a bike fit which needed quite a bit of changing, really I should have bought a 58cm

I then bought the prototype stretto with integrated seatpost, again bought a 56cm and this seems to fit nice

I reckon you would be fine on a 56cm, but at 5,10 you would be on top end of a 54cm hope this helps
  • dan_cup
    dan_cup Posts: 51
    Good man, thank you