RideLondon '14! To making new friends

dun247
dun247 Posts: 31
edited July 2014 in Road general
Hi All,

I think RideLondon seems like the perfect opportunity for some forum members to have actual face to face contact with each other. Perhaps some people might be in the same wave/zone or you may notice a member around the course and wish to give some acknowledgment and/or encouragement. Here's to making new friends :D
I'll kick us off;

Zone : Black
Wave: C
Notes : Red and Black Spesh, White Spesh Propero 2 helmet, Sugoi bib and jersey

Hope to see you on the course, Good Luck and stay safe :)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I will be very friendly in the Premier and Holiday Inn bars Sunday night if I hit my target time :P
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Carbonator wrote:
    I will be very friendly in the Premier and Holiday Inn bars Sunday night if I hit my target time :P

This ^

Premier inn London Stratford. I imagine it's going to be heaving on sunday night.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Carbonator wrote:

This ^

Premier inn London Stratford. I imagine it's going to be heaving on sunday night.

in which case head to Tap East instead, the beer will be far superior and they have plenty of belgian beers :)
  • Anonymous
    awavey wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:

This ^

in which case head to Tap East instead, the beer will be far superior and they have plenty of belgian beers :)

Bed is not as near though and JD will still taste the same :lol:

Many people on here staying the Sunday night then?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    We arrive on Weds afternoon and leave on Monday. Didn't fancy trying to faff about mobilizing the troops (wife and 2 kids) after smashing out a big ride. Lugging suitcases on and off trains and ferries to get home is somewhere near the bottom of my list of things to do post event. Sleep is close to the top, followed (very closely) by drinking. Oh, and gorging myself!
  • Anonymous
    edited July 2014
    Wednesday! Thats virtually a week lol

I will be having at least two breakfast sittings on Monday morning :D

easy on the scrambled eggs and plenty of fried tomatoes.........and bacon......and mushrooms......and hash browns.......and etc. etc.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    Yeh, the girls haven't done the whole London touristy thing yet so we're heading down early to do all that guff.
  • Anonymous
    Depending how old they are, are Hamleys, London Eye, Duck Tour, Olympic Park cable car and Madame Tussaud's on the list?