Clicking noise solved but......

jamie 'jammy dodger'
edited July 2014 in MTB general
Hi

Awhile back there was a clicking noise apparent when pedaling hard..Turned out to be broken BB & rear hub too.

Now fixed i find myself riding a little reserved on trails & my off the beaten track route to work,only had bike 3 months & no crashes or heavy landings to explain the broken parts but im holding back now from thrashing downhills .
Is the only way forward to invest in expensive upgrades or just carry on regardless?

Cheers J

Ps bike is a ghost asx4900 2014/15
Still can't wheelie :(

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Bottom brackets and hubs wear, just replace them with better parts which will last longer.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    As the bike is 3 months old then you should return it. BB and hub should not break.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    FishFish wrote:
    As the bike is 3 months old then you should return it. BB and hub should not break.

They are both wear and tear parts - distance, conditions and maintenance all may cause failure in 3 months. Admittedly the OP's listed distances suggests they shouldn't have failed.

Broken how? Did you look at them or just hand it to the bike shop to fix? Could it be a case of the shop padding their repair bills? A clicking noise when pedalling is often fixed with a blob of grease.....
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    It's possible that the hub could have been a warranty repair. I have had four warranty freehubs in a year. Depends what was wrong with it, if it's just bearings then it's just wear, if something has broken then it's warranty.
    Bottom bracket is a wear item, I have had cheap ones last me three rides.