Hooray

mattjevans
mattjevans Posts: 253
edited July 2014 in Cyclocross
My Trek Boone frame has just turned up at the bike shop 2 weeks ahead of schedule.

For weeks I've been stockpiling any parts needed that weren't pulled off my previous bike, so I hope this to be built (road wheels and tyres for summer) and ridden by the end of the month.

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I'd love to hear how this rides, as soon as I got my Domane I knew they should put the isospeed decoupler (Bendy seat tube if you cut out the sales B.S) on a cross bike.
  • mattjevans
    edited May 2014
    I was looking seriously at a Domane just as a road bike when the Boone was announced. £1000 cheaper for frame only and takes fatter tyres so can be used as a road bike and for cross. I got lucky with the timing there. Makes a change
  • Paul 8v
    The Domane is a stonking road bike over rough roads, the Boone should be awesome as a crosser
  • mattjevans
    Bah 3 week delay due to a wheel part (using current rear wheel needed rebuild) being out of stock at distributor
  • mattjevans
    Finally picked it up yesterday. Picture to come.

Weighed in at 6.95kg including pedals, without bottle cage. Didn't expect that sort of weight!
  • Paul 8v
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Pictures man, pictures!

This!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • mattjevans
    Just trying to work out how to edit my face out of the one I've got
  • mattjevans
    Finally...

0OjYOFB.jpg
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Like the cross tyres... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • mattjevans
    Like the cross tyres... :wink:

Lol those are 27mm Vittoria Pave tyres which I plan to use until the end of August or so - then will put XN's on
  • Paul 8v
    I do like the look of those as a winter tyre, I was considering them as winter tyres for my Domane which is the cousin of your one
  • mattjevans
    Paul 8v wrote:
    I do like the look of those as a winter tyre, I was considering them as winter tyres for my Domane which is the cousin of your one

I was actually looking at a Domane before I decided on the Boone and the shop was advising me to put these on for all-around use
  • mattjevans
    Oh - do you mean the Paves or the XN's ?
  • Paul 8v
    mattjevans wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

I was actually looking at a Domane before I decided on the Boone and the shop was advising me to put these on for all-around use
    I wouldn't want to use them off road but they are great for rubbish B roads etc