Broadgate (London) secure cycle parking

BobMcbob
BobMcbob Posts: 104
edited July 2014 in Commuting general
I have an offer from a firm based here and they have told me they only have 50 odd spaces which are all full ,with a 100+ waiting list... Seems a very poor show to me compared to what i'm used to at Canary Wharf.

I'm considering refusing the job offer because of this - it realy is a deal breaker for me - there is no way i'm using the tube everyday!

Any thoughts on places to put a bike around Liverpool Street where it wont get vandalised or stolen? I do 30 miles a day so don't really want to have to get a BSO to avert the thieves.

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Used to work for UBS at Broadgate, I don't know of anything round there. They're all pinstripe city folk who only cycle their lardy arses on a Sunday ;-)

You should come work where I am now near Monument..secure inside storage for bikes, lockers, showers etc.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I asked the same question a few months ago and nothing :( Fortunately I just take my bike into the office and try to avoid seeing the caretaker.

If its a deal-breaker and they really want you, get them to make it part of the offer.
  • BobMcbob
    I'm just surprised at how poor their facilities are compared to the Wharf where there are 250 spaces in my building alone - Broadgate isn't even that old.

I'll take your advice see if i can get it added as part of the offer

Thanks
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    Another option might be to check out any car parks in the area. I've parked myself in one run by the city corporation (or whatever the city of london local authority is called) on london wall plus there's one on Commercial Street in Spitalfields which I've seen bikes and motorbikes parked in. Not as safe as secure office parking but better than the street and if you buy a couple of heavy duty motorbike locks to leave there plus insurance if your bike is expensive then that might be another option?

Depends on how near the car park is to your office I know.
  • BobMcbob
    Thanks CookieMonster, this may be an option though not many spaces at Smithfield

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/services/transport-and-streets/getting-around-the-city/Pages/cycle-parking.aspx

Baynard House​ 106 spaces​ 133 Queen Victoria Street​ EC4V 4BQ​
    London Wall​ 176 spaces​ 23 London Wall​ EC2V 5DY​
    Minories​ 15 spaces​ 1 Shorter Street​ E1 8LP​
    Tower Hill​ 52 spaces​ 50 Lower Thames Street​ EC3R 6DT​
    West Smithfield​ 15 spaces​ West Smithfield​ EC1A 9DS​
  • KerSplosh
    KerSplosh Posts: 30
    This might help. Unfortunately after the closure of the secure London Bridge cycle park behind "On Your Bike" there is nothing I can think of.

https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/cycling/cycling-in-london/cycle-parking#on-this-page-1