santa cruz bronson

sbd16v
sbd16v Posts: 93
edited July 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Thought it was time to put up a few pictures, we bought our first house last week and we are just straight enough that I could give the garage a tidy and put the new frame on the stand ready for some new parts :D.

This came from rick so I don't expect my build will treat it quite as nice but ill give it a shot lol, I spent a good few weeks trying to decide over this or my stumpy but in the end I could not refuse the deal rick was offering, so frame and forks were purchase and here they are.

20140601_215954_zpsnx6ndro3.jpg

and the forks are push converted fox 34's

20140601_220014_zpsxgszfetg.jpg

most of the rest of the kit is coming from my stumpy

IMAG1835_zps8ea52dac.jpg

IMAG1830_zps9ebfd5f5.jpg
with the expection of a few things

I have a xo1 crank for it this time, rather than a xo with a 104 ring
reverb stealth
and some lightbike carbon wheels laced to hope hubs, colour to be decided :|:|

will be a few weeks until I can get much done thou as im going to be busy with work for a while :(

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    Shame you couldn't keep both.. I think that Stumpjumper is really nice
    But then again the Bronson is awesome too!
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    I personally would have kept the stumpy, but v. Nice anyhow.
    Don't bother with the xo1 crank, it's no better than your current one...
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    +1. Stumpy for me too

And please put that Reverb remote upside down on the left on the new build!
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    As a new owner of a tennis yellow Bronson I think its a good choice vs the Stumpy plus the VPP rides totally differently to the FSR - different as in better. :wink:
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • sbd16v
    Cqc the stumpy runs a bb30 crank they won't fit the bronson...

Felix I have tried the lever on the left I found it very very uncomfortable, that reverb has been on there since the week they were released so it should be ok.

I do like the stumpy but the bronson is just so nice when a good deal was put on the table it was time to change it.
  • felix.london
    sbd16v wrote:
    Felix I have tried the lever on the left I found it very very uncomfortable, that reverb has been on there since the week they were released so it should be ok.

I do like the stumpy but the bronson is just so nice when a good deal was put on the table it was time to change it.

haha..fair enough re. Reverb remote but it wasn't for protection just makes the whole bar look unbalanced with everything on one side!

...and if push came to shove as lovely as the Stumpy looks (and I've always wanted a Stumpy in all there various shapes, sizes & formats since the early 90's) I'd probably go for the Bronson too! It's just that Stumpy looks seriously sexy!

Trek Session 8
  • sbd16v
    well for various reasons it took me longer than I wanted BUT its finished now :D:D

had its maiden voyage on Thursday night and I was ear to ear grin, it deff climbs better than the stumpy and decends better, overall its a VERY impressive package to ride which i instantly felt comfortable on.

20140703_161907_zpsu6iknycq.jpg

20140703_161900_zpsir2dds72.jpg

20140703_161834_zpsy51qj8tm.jpg

20140703_161842_zps2hrwgifs.jpg
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Lovely. Enjoy the ride.
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Looks sweet rob, I'm glad it went to a good home.
  • AshW92
    AshW92 Posts: 67
    Absolutely beautiful build mate! :)
  • felix.london
    very nice that

Trek Session 8
  • sbd16v
    Thanks guys

I spent a lot of time thinking about hub colour, but im so glad I went with purple now it really does go with (in a clash way lol) the frame colour.

just trying to decide if I want to go up to a larger bar or not.
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    I do love the Bronson in shouty yellow. Would love one myself but too close to my Remedy to warrant. A Nomad however...
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Very nice that. How are the Easton grips?
  • leythervegas
    leythervegas Posts: 191
    Wow that is beautiful mate, you've got the colour scheme bang on. Shouldn't work in theory but looks great.

How are you finding the Hans Dampf? Thinking of going back to them eventually when I wear out my continentals. Are they 2.4's?