Post of Le Tour 2014

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,546
edited July 2014 in Pro race
I was In Yorkshire and London and only just catching up with everything.

Only at page 40 something of today's spoiler but this is the runaway leader for this year's post of the tour.
ThomThom wrote:
There will be some epic pictures tonight.
Indeed!

BsG8zMHCEAAcAOx_zpsd9f2aeca.png~original

That's a 10.0!

There's been a rollover on the Lotto

Stick the other classics ones you see below.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Who won last year? Was it me, jointly with ATC, or did Frenchie beat us with his lovely horse? (He should have done - it still makes be laugh)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    Who won last year? Was it me, jointly with ATC, or did Frenchie beat us with his lovely horse? (He should have done - it still makes be laugh)

Lovely horse wins surely. Just for the fact that it had serious traction.

There's the one this year by Joelsim about Lars Ytting Bak, Ytting on his a*se which is very funny.

There are others but I'll have to have a hunt around for them.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Lars bak inspired several today. The one posted, "ytinng on his back" and "abandon thread" to name a few.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    That's Lars. Inspiring people since 1980.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Both "Echelons/This is not a drill" and the "Lovely horse" have become part of the forum furniture so that's the standard we have to look at. With that in mind these are front runners so far:
    I wont go into the details but somehow my original banner went missing so I had to knock this one up 30mins before I left hence its rushed look.

2014-07-07203930_zps19b343de.jpg

and
    ThomThom wrote:
    a6ott.gif

(I'm quite proud of that one..)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Now I don't want to cast aspersions on TWH but I did see that joke on Twitter before he posted it...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    RichN95 wrote:

Lovely horse wins surely. Just for the fact that it had serious traction.

There's the one this year by Joelsim about Lars Ytting Bak, Ytting on his a*se which is very funny.

There are others but I'll have to have a hunt around for them.

This is not a drill wins for me, but then I've still got a horse in my avatar, so what do I know?

Both encapsulated the tour fever and became part of fabric of the forum. Even the wittiest one liners can't compete with that quality.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:
    Now I don't want to cast aspersions on TWH but I did see that joke on Twitter before he posted it...

Ditto.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    ddraver wrote:

Ditto.

What did I do?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    That won't wash, just admit it!

(I think you are being confused with TTHR)
  • above_the_cows
    ddraver wrote:

Ditto.

What did I do?

The joke was doing the rounds on Twitter before it was posted on here. I'm not sure a post purloined from Twitter can be accepted for post of the Tour.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,599
    Actually, I reworded the joke from Twitter, as that was "Lotto rollover"

Was just about to come clean and 'fess up, that's where I got it from.

I do have a TUE (Twitter User Exemption) that's dated the 8th July though....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    ^

Someone at the lab mixed up the samples.
    No chain of evidence
    B sample negative
    Just glad to be back.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,599
    I'm tranqullio, I only attempted to plagiarise
  • ddraver
    RonB wrote:
    That won't wash, just admit it!

(I think you are being confused with TTHR)

Ah yes, my very bad
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Honourable mention for pottssteve's Cheng post's today....
    - @ddraver
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    ddraver wrote:
    Honourable mention for pottssteve's Cheng post's today....
    Cheng gang?

Abandon thread takes it for me. There's still a long way to go though guys :D
  • ddraver
    Well that one too but no I meant the constant posts of "Cheng" Everyime he appeared on the front.

They don't count as I think this is a competition for a single post but as a whole they were very amusing and even made it onto Eurosport so at least deserve a Mentioned in Dispatches or similar
    - @ddraver
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    edited July 2014
    Lotto rollover was my favourite, too. Genius

Thanks for the mention. You can guarantee that all of my posts are 100% genuine (which is why most of them are not very funny....). I'm hoping to coax Carlton into another mention at some point. Today's flat stage looks an ideal opportunity.
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Personally I think the group effort on Cheng watch is exactly the sort of thing this award should cover. If I had to pick one of them it would be the one about the natural order of things being restored when Cheng dropped back in the train by another rider doing 15 seconds and fl.icking his elbow. Someone please claim this post and quote it, I'm on the bus and can't find it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    Not the Cheng post No tA Doc mentions but this one of Steve's was gold:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Cheng done for the day.....Good job, yet again. Can't beat him for reliability.

Cheng is the Toyota Corolla of pro cycling
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    pottssteve wrote:

Is China the same place as Japan?
  • above_the_cows
    Joelsim wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Don't ruin it by getting all technical Joel. Steve could equally have said Cheng is the Volvo estate of pro-cycling and it would have been almost as funny but not quite because there is something inherently uncool and yet ubiquitous about the Corolla.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    Joelsim wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:

Don't ruin it by getting all technical Joel. Steve could equally have said Cheng is the Volvo estate of pro-cycling and it would have been almost as funny but not quite because there is something inherently uncool and yet ubiquitous about the Corolla.

Though Volvo would have been more accurate given that it is now Chinese (owned)... :wink:
  • ddraver
    pottssteve wrote:
    Imagine the future, if a human was created using DNA from Jens and Cheng - a sort of Jengs. They would be invincible...
    - @ddraver
  • I'm worried that pottssteve might have peaked too early with that gem, but it's certainly a contender.
  • pottssteve
    I'm worried that pottssteve might have peaked too early with that gem, but it's certainly a contender.

I have a history of peaking too early...
  • above_the_cows
    All the Europe and North American based posters are going to have to start drinking very early during this Tour if they're going to compete with Steve. He's got a time zone advantage. :D
  • pottssteve
    All the Europe and North American based posters are going to have to start drinking very early during this Tour if they're going to compete with Steve. He's got a time zone advantage. :D

Just a single Guinness this evening - I'm on antibiotics for a throat infection!
  • above_the_cows
    pottssteve wrote:

Just a single Guinness this evening - I'm on antibiotics for a throat infection!

I hope you've got a TUE for those?