Looking for Devon mountainbikers

Confused Chimp
Confused Chimp Posts: 8
edited July 2014 in MTB rides
Looking for fellow mountainbikers to meet up for company on rides.
Both moorland and Trail centres, due to shift work times I can ride vary a lot and both weekdays and weekends.
Haldon, Cardinham woods and Dartmoor are my planned destinations usually.
Moderately fit, but want to get fitter Very Happy
Cheers
CC

Comments

• alright bud I would be up for meeting up for a ride in January some time. I'm pretty out of shape at the mo but planning on upping my fitness (after christmas)
    Yeti SB66c 2013
  • jizzleb
    jizzleb Posts: 135
    I don't mind coming down to Haldon now and then at weekends, I'm in Somerset so not too far. PM any time.
    Canyon Nerve XC
    Spec Allez
    GT XCR SingleSpeed
    GT Dyno
  • sassysarah
    sassysarah Posts: 421
    Has Haldon been improved ...I rode it about 3years again and didn't rate it?
    Biking whore of Wyre....rides with anyone!
  • jmillen
    jmillen Posts: 627
    Depends on what you're looking for and what you're used to.

The main trails are blue and red, the small black section is currently closed. None of the trails are particularly technical, the more "off piste" trails are the ones to go for but you'll need to go with someone with local knowledge to find them.

If you're down this way, I'd be heading to Cardinham & Lanhydrock, they're right next to each other and give a good mix of trails, something for everyone.
    2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon
    2014 De Rosa R848
    Carrera TDF Ltd Commuter
  • King Nuts
    King Nuts Posts: 47
    If you can get to the northern side if devon, i can show you a good ride down from exmoor to the coast and also a nice route i've found on the quantocks. Until about end of october though, i can usually only ride mon,tues,weds.
    Let me know.
    "I"m over the hill so I"m not over the hill" !