Back on the bike - Felt F75X

stevenb
stevenb Posts: 717
edited July 2014 in Cyclocross
Having been a runner for the best part of the last few years I decided to down grade to just the one bike.
So the Trek and Planet X MTB/Road bikes were sold.
I bought my Felt F75X last year from Wiggle and still didn't ride it as much with all my running commitments and other hobbies.
However, as my friend persuaded me to get back out there I thought I'd treat myself and the bike to some nice bits.
Firstly the F75X is a great bike for my needs. It is lightweight with quality components as standard. Even the 700x32c tyres roll well.
One thing I did do when I bought the bike was to transfer over some parts from my road bike.
FSA SLK Light carbon BB30 chainset and a Toupe ti saddle. This saved a fair chunk of weight too especially as I retained the 36/46 front rings.
However, being a versatile steed I recently bought myself the 2014 Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset, Conti Ultra Sport tyres and tubes package deal from Wiggle. Well chuffed. I treated these road wheels to a nice 11-28T Ultegra cassette too.
The bikes rides so much faster still.
I admit I lose ground on downhill roads due to the gearing but Being a gritty rider my strongest point is climbing anyway so I soon reel in a lot of riders on the flat or hills.
It's great fun being on a 2 in 1 bike knowing a quick wheel swap means I can do off-road/on-road rides.
Racking up plenty of miles at the moments so have just treated myself to some new clothing and the bike to a nice 3T Ergo carbon CX bar.

The wife now has more bikes than me.....a first there...and she is really enjoying combining her running with the bikes too. While I'm recovering from an achilles/calf injury the bike is a great non-impact bitof exercise too.
Looking forward to many more miles ahead!

Comments

• bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    Welcome back to the fold!? Sounds like a good choice of bike and upgrades too.
  • stevenb
    stevenb Posts: 717
    Thanks.
    The bike sure does ride great on the roads and is really nimble off-road. Makes things very enjoyable.
    Going from 0 miles 8 days ago, I have covered just under 130 miles this week.
    Great fun.
    Couple of extra goodies ordered from CRC too.
    I will probably get a pic/spec posted on the other thread.

Makes me want to splash out on a top spec road bike though......but I know I can't afford it. lol