En Suite bathrooms/Work-time evacuations

peat
peat Posts: 1,242
edited July 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Been looking at houses recently, noticed that an awful lot seem to have en suites in the master bedroom nowadays. Be they original or retrofitted.

I honestly don't understand the thinking behind them. Why would I want to lay in bed and hear/smell every minutiae of my other half's bowel movement? How am I supposed to find her sexy after that?

Also with the shoe on the other foot, the horrors that I evacuate. I don't want to share that with anyone, let alone someone I actually like.

Theeeeeen you get into the post-shower steam. Leave the noisy extractor fan on and the light eminating from under the door, or let it out and sleep in a damp room?

These thoughts keep me awake at night.

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    If that's all you have keeping you awake at night then your life is pretty good :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    just remember to flush!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    En suites were in the in thing in the late 90's early 00's, they sold houses.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    If you're living on your own there's no much point, but if you have others living in the house, especially other adults / grown up children. I can see the appeal.
  • SlipSpace
    SlipSpace Posts: 46
    lot of two bed houses have en suites for some reason. Much rather just have another dumper downstairs
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Depends if the en-suite also has a shower. Having two bathrooms can save a lot of time and fuss in the morning.
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 295
    House Rules - No dumping in en-suite when bedroom is occupied
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    You can keep your shaving kit in there without your kids having the risk of getting their hands on a razor?

You can have bathroom products out without your guests seeing that you have a preference for Veet hair removal cream over wax strips when they need the loo?

You can clean up after ;-) without anyone in the house seeing you do the post sex shuffle/cleanup/whatever else you like to do after.

I personally like the idea.
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I quite like mine, but with the other 7 bathrooms and walk in wardrobe, I might just extend the master bedroom further down the east wing.
  • Thewaylander
    Lancew wrote:
    You can keep your shaving kit in there without your kids having the risk of getting their hands on a razor?

You can have bathroom products out without your guests seeing that you have a preference for Veet hair removal cream over wax strips when they need the loo?

You can clean up after ;-) without anyone in the house seeing you do the post sex shuffle/cleanup/whatever else you like to do after.

I personally like the idea.

All good bar the kids bit, leave them with the razer i say :twisted:
  • meth_tical
    meth_tical Posts: 67
    They are standard on most/all new builds now. I have a family member who lives in a 2 bedroom house which has 3 bathrooms. En-suite, upstairs and a downstairs bathroom. Thats overkill at its finest as the house is barely big enough to have a lot of guests at the same time.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    I love having a poo in the bedroom.

I don't have an ensuite
  • Thewaylander
    Is that after you've taken it up the poopshoot and its loosened everything?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    I like ours, it means I can have a peaceful shave and shower without the kid coming in. It also means we have a proper shower enclosure instead of a glass screen on the bath.

We also have a loo downstairs and there are (now) only three of us in our house.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • contented
    contented Posts: 83
    I used to have a monster of a house and they tend to have proper ensuites, big ones off of a big bedroom which made sense with all that space. I guess it's a selling point in a normal house, maybe it sounds a bit posh even if its a cramped little space. I've got one in my current house but its three storey and they tend to put a bog on each floor somewhere.
    Also, it means I can lay my morning cable at my own pace, just me and the iPad. Nothing like being able to let old Barry white out with so much as a hurried push. I have digital scales in there and weigh myself before and after each visit, laughing if there's a large difference. I'm still trying for the holy grail - a one kilo monster.
    I'd have no chance of a record breaker if I was being hassled by the wife and kids.
    This is why ensuites are needed.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Peat wrote:
    Why would I want to lay in bed and hear/smell every minutiae of my other half's bowel movement? How am I supposed to find her sexy after that?

If you have to ask those questions, then you're in the wrong forum.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Depends if the en-suite also has a shower. Having two bathrooms can save a lot of time and fuss in the morning.

Too right especially if some members in the household have form for taking a very long time getting ready in the morning. I either get up early or walk the dog and try when I get back.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Kajjal wrote:
    walk the dog and try when I get back.
    Thats sick even by cruddy standards :lol:
  • Lancew wrote:
    Glass of water by the bed is all that is needed for that
  • contented
    contented Posts: 83
    Lancew wrote:
    Glass of water by the bed is all that is needed for that

You're posh, what's wrong with using her dressing gown for a quick wipe and mop up? Works for me.
  • supersonic
    I just use the curtains.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    supersonic wrote:
    I just use the curtains.

beef?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    greedy :)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Where does the cinnamon ring (female of course) fit into to all this pork and beef talk?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • supersonic
    Dunno, sounds a bit fishy to me.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I looked at one three bedroom house with four toilets recently! En suite for the master and second bedroom, one in the bathroom and one downstairs.
    Thats enough for us all to take a dump at the same time!
    Personally I find it more satisfying to have my daily poo at work so that I get paid for it.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Personally I find it more satisfying to have my daily poo at work so that I get paid for it.

+ potato.

Definitely feel robbed if i poo at home!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    bg13 wrote:

+ potato.

Definitely feel robbed if i poo at home!

My first lesson on the first day of my apprenticeship was to always take a dump on the clock every day.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690

Ha ha, I've never thought of it like that :mrgreen: