Rose Pro SL 2000 - What colour?

Octan
Octan Posts: 11
edited September 2014 in Road general
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has this bike in the flesh or has seen the different colours of the frame, or in fact has any input as to what colour best suits road bikes!

The bike can be located here: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-pr ... ged=668081

It's in three different colours, Shiny-white/orange, shiny-black/green, and 'anodized black' (which I'm guessing is Matt Black).

So, any opinions? I really like the bike just can't decide on which colour :D

Oh, and also, is it generally alright to use conventional platform pedals on a road bike? I don't seem to see many people talking about it, but I can't really take cycling shoes with me everywhere I go, so it would be greatly preferred for me personally.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    Its fine to use them but other road bike cyclists may sneer at you & peg you as a cycling beginner if you have a shiny new bike with flat pedals as clipless is so universal now & clipless is suppose to make pedaling more efficent.

Though I don't really notice any real difference from using flat pedals with some stiff soled shoes or using clipless pedals. Iv'e done 100 mile sportives on flats etc.

If you want flats I recommend theese mks ones

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.MKS-CT-Lite-Cag ... _18198.htm
  • Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    I would put the colours in the following order:
    white / orange
    anodised black
    shiny black green

There's a member on here who has the white / orange one and IMO the pics of it look great.

Regarding pedals - how about putting some mountain bike SPDs on and at least you will be able to walk reasonably easy in the shoes (depending on the brand / style you get) as they have a recessed cleat.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    Get a pair of flat/spd combined pedals. Shimano make several; A530s, PD-M545, PD-T780
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    Remember - anodised black doesn't have the smooth weld Finnish. The shiny finish on the White and Black/Green is also easy to clean.

I would go White / Orange
    1950702_1.kpyezmovvh.jpg
  • Personally I wouldn't get a White bike again - shows dirt too much. Of those I would vote for anodized black.

For pedals get a set of Speedplays and platformer clip ons - great solution. I use cleats when I ride myself and pop the platformers on when I go out with my kids and have to make frequent (often sudden and unforeseeable) stops!
  • prhymeate
    prhymeate Posts: 795
    I'd go anodized black. I have the Xeon RS 3000 in that colour and love it.

HdEZtIs.jpg

Two users on here have the Pro SL 3000, one in anodized black and the other with the orange/white combo. viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12971525
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12966880&start=20
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    go with the anodized finish. If you were a bike manufacturer and you had some frames with perfect welds, others a bit dodgy, you might send the dodgy ones to the paintshop and anodize the best!
    Regarding pedals, get some road pedals (the exustar Look Keo's are amazing value). For when you really can't wear your road slippers, get some platform converters that slot into or onto the pedals (or put some plimpsoles in a backpack)
  • Octan
    Octan Posts: 11
    Alright, thanks for the help on the pedals! I'm considering going for these: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-a530-sp ... ng-pedals/ as they seem to have decent reviews and are platform on one side and SPD on the other.

Also, about the colour, I still can't decide :D I think I might just go for it on the day. It seems like more professional cyclists go for the darker black colours (tdf etc.) but then the white looks good too :D
  • dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    Having just moved from a white frame to a stealth black frame I can say the black is so much easier to keep looking clean. Everything from a bit of brake dust to a splash of mud shows up so much on the white but you can get away with a weekly wash on the black.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Please buy whatever colour gets the most votes (I vote shiny black/green) and use flat pedals :wink:
  • 1986sv
    1986sv Posts: 83
    I have an anodized black Pro SL 2000. Go for it, looks great in the flesh.
  • Hi Prhymeate, could you please inform me about the size of your anodized black rose xeon rs? I'm planning to buy one but can't find any pictures of right bike size I need. Thanks for your answer in advance.
  • Xsjil wrote:
    Hi Prhymeate, could you please inform me about the size of your anodized black rose xeon rs? I'm planning to buy one but can't find any pictures of right bike size I need. Thanks for your answer in advance.

Sure, it's a 63cm frame.
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836
    Prhymeate wrote:
    I'd go anodized black. I have the Xeon RS 3000 in that colour and love it.

HdEZtIs.jpg

Two users on here have the Pro SL 3000, one in anodized black and the other with the orange/white combo. viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12971525
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12966880&start=20

Mmm, that's a nice looking bike! :D
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I'd go black and green. Was very close to getting the CSL in that colour scheme
  • I have it in the 2012 black and red colourway and its a brilliant bike.

Bitch to clean though :)