Team jersey regs

charvildave
charvildave Posts: 14
edited July 2014 in Amateur race
So my son who is a cat 3 rider has changed his first claim club, but will not have any new club kit for a few weeks. Trying to figure out whether the tech regs require him to wear a plain jersey, his old club jersey (where he is still a member and on good terms) or whether neither of these are acceptable.

Does anybody know the answer or how to find the answer please?

Comments

• maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    At local races (regional level) plain kit should be fine though if he's racing with a new team that has lots of guys in those same races, it's better for him to borrow a jersey then to race as part of a team but "undercover" (from a goodwill from others in the bunch point of view). No comm will care but riders might complain if he's in plain kit but riding for a team with a presence and influence in the race.

Shouldn't really be doing any National level races without proper kit, i.e., the BC-approved 2014 design for his new team.
  • themogulman
    themogulman Posts: 167
    Pretty sure if a Cat3 needs club kit. Only 4ths don't have to. Have a word with the comm however and it shouldn't be an issue.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    Yes both the above - it's one of those rules that most comms will show a little common sense in enforcing - if racing with club mates though I would try and borrow a jersey.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Thanks everybody, that is exactly what I thought (but was not confident enough to act on!) and we have now arranged to borrow a jersey.