Is there a comprehensive map of Downhill courses in the UK?

jon1993
jon1993 Posts: 596
edited July 2014 in Routes
I am new to the whole downhill mountain biking scene so I don't know where all the courses are so I was wondering if anyone knows of a comprehensive map of all the downhill courses in the UK with an uplift service, Thanks a lot!
Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
Giant Faith 2 DH bike
Boardman pro 2011
Boardman team carbon 2010
Carrera kracken 2009
Specialized fsr pro 2009
Haro custom build
Cannondale custom build

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not really. There used to be one on Southern Downhill but it's out of date, a lot of the trails don't exist anymore.
    What area are you in?
  • Try here, you can filter so only DH trails are shown.

http://www.ibikeride.com/mountain-bike-trails
  • rockmonkeysc
    There's a lot missing for that guide. Most of the South West downhill spots are missing. Including Triscombe, Avil Ball, Coombe Sydenham, Longleat, Rowberrow, Puddletown and several other smaller ones. Tavi Woodlands is missing as well, thats inexcusable, it's an official riding spot and amazing to ride.
  • jon1993
    jon1993 Posts: 596
    I am in Hull east Yorkshire. Thanks for the help I just want places to ride that aren't as far as fort William or anthur Stiniog. I believe the closest one to me is Hamsterley forest with an uplift service is that correct?
    Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Boardman team carbon 2010
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • There's a lot missing for that guide. Tavi Woodlands is missing as well, thats inexcusable, it's an official riding spot and amazing to ride.

The website is nothing to do with me, but isn't this the tavi woodlands you speak of?

http://www.ibikeride.com/england/1599-g ... ing-trails

Also as the website is mainly a user submitted guide why not add some of your favorites rather than just sitting there and saying how crap it is :roll:
  • rockmonkeysc
    jon1993 wrote:
    I am in Hull east Yorkshire. Thanks for the help I just want places to ride that aren't as far as fort William or anthur Stiniog. I believe the closest one to me is Hamsterley forest with an uplift service is that correct?

The tracks Pearce cycles use aren't too far from you, check out their website for uplift days. There's also the Farmer Johns track.
    There are plenty of hills around Yorkshire, there must be plenty of unofficial downhill tracks.