Nukeproof Mega TR, once again

murdzhi
murdzhi Posts: 14
edited July 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Just got this built, thought I'd share the first crappy pic I managed to take of it. Very happy with how it rides in town, geometry is perfect, pedalling is smooth with no bobbing at all, no need to lower the forks for climbing. Still have to take it out on the hills for proper impressions but I'm sure I'll be as happy as a kid.

bikey_by_i_m_light-d7mmawv.jpg

Frame: Nukeproof Mega TR 2013 size XL
Forks: Marzocchi 55 Micro STA 160-120
Bars: Easton Havoc 750mm
Stem: Easton Havoc 35mm
Brakes: Shimano XT; 203mm front, 180mm back
Shifters: Shimano XT I-spec B
Seat: Fizik Antares
Crankset: Shimano XT 38/26
Pedals: VP Components 59, to be upgraded to Shimano Saints I guess
Front mech: Shimano XT
Rear mech: Shimano XT Shadow Plus
Cassette: Shimano XT 11-36
Chain: Shimano XT
Wheels: Shimano XT 776 front, 788 back

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Very nice. How are the Marzocchi forks?
    Mega TR's are getting quite common now! There's a good reason why, they're just so much fun to ride.
  • murdzhi
    Thanks. I'm quite pleased with the Marzocchi's - they eat up everything and never bottom out but they're my first proper forks so I've nothing to compare them against. And thank goodness I went for the XL, fit is just perfect for me.
  • murdzhi
    Had my first proper ride on Friday and I can say I'm amazed at how well this bike handles. It climbs better than my Santa Cruz Chameleon hardtail, especially on steep technical terrain, and feels very comfortable and confidence inspiring going down the hill - so much so that I crashed trying to hit a corner at stupidly high speed. Now while I'm licking my wounds and learning my lessons, here's some instagrammed pics of the beautiful beast.

untitled_by_i_m_light-d7oqy1j.jpg

untitled_by_i_m_light-d7oqwjs.jpg
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I presume you deliberately misspelled 'Fizik' ?

Great looking bike by the way!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • murdzhi
    edited July 2014
    declan1 wrote:
    I presume you deliberately misspelled 'Fizik' ?

Great looking bike by the way!

Thanks, I wrote 'Physik' automatically and never gave it a second thought. Spelling corrected; now it's genuinely wrong :)
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I'm going to have to remove -2 points for pump and lights! A true bike-pimp knows to remove these before taking photos :D

Jokes aside, it's a very nice bike!
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • murdzhi
    CitizenLee wrote:
    I'm going to have to remove -2 points for pump and lights! A true bike-pimp knows to remove these before taking photos :D

Jokes aside, it's a very nice bike!

Haha, yeah, I was so excited that I completely missed these.