Ride London - last minute places

Tjgoodhew
Tjgoodhew Posts: 628
edited July 2014 in Road general
Any idea if there are any chances of getting a last minute place ??

I have a friend who has dropped out due to injury and i am guessing there are plenty of others that might not actually start on the day.

What actually happens to those places ? He couldnt transfer it to me which seems stupid. Do they simply go to waste ??
Cannondale Caad8
Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt

Comments

• marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    I'd guess, much like airlines, hotels etc., they 'overbook' the ride with a prediction of X% of riders being DNS (based on historical data etc.), so they end up at around their capacity rather than under it.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    I think last year wiggle had some last minute places
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    I got a place through Wiggle last year as they were a big sponsor. Not sure about their sponsorship this year but worth keeping an eye on their twitter feed just in case, I'm pretty sure it was about this time
  • Tjgoodhew
    Tjgoodhew Posts: 628
    simona75 wrote:
    I got a place through Wiggle last year as they were a big sponsor. Not sure about their sponsorship this year but worth keeping an eye on their twitter feed just in case, I'm pretty sure it was about this time

So they put something out on twitter then ?

Will def keep an eye on that
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • simona75
    simona75 Posts: 336
    Tjgoodhew wrote:
    simona75 wrote:

So they put something out on twitter then ?

Will def keep an eye on that

Possibly. Last year it was in the news section of their website and wasn't widely promoted. Someone on here got word of it and posted up. If any spare places are going anywhere it's likely to get posted on here pretty quickly.