MTB Long Weekend - Lakes or Scotland

Woody80
Woody80 Posts: 324
edited July 2014 in Holidays
Looking at booking a lads holiday for a long weekend, probably in September. Thinking either Scotland or the Lakes, if Scotland will pick up some of the 7 Stanes centres. We were supposed to be going back to the Alps this year but timings didn't work so I'm desperate to get something booked!

Has anyone got any recommendations either way for rides and also decent accommodation with secure storage. It'll most likely be for Friday to Monday with 4-5 people. I was up in Scotland recently (unfortunately without the bike) and walked nearby Ae and Mabie which got me thinking that if we found somewhere Dumfries way we'd have options each day?

Comments

• UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Dumfries is a pretty good plan. Ae is 10 minutes away, Mabie 10 minutes, Dalbeattie about 25 minutes, Kirroughtree 70min, Glentrool 90min, Glentress and Innerleithen just over an hour and Newcastleton also about an hour.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Just spent the last week near Peebles and spent some time at Glentress and Innerleithin. The facilities at Glentress are awesome and you could easily spend a day riding all the blue, red and black. Innerleithin is a more 'natural' course and the reds a bit more technical. There are plenty of decent routes into the local hills too if you want some 'proper' mountain biking.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Woody80
    Woody80 Posts: 324
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Just spent the last week near Peebles and spent some time at Glentress and Innerleithin. The facilities at Glentress are awesome and you could easily spend a day riding all the blue, red and black. Innerleithin is a more 'natural' course and the reds a bit more technical. There are plenty of decent routes into the local hills too if you want some 'proper' mountain biking.
    Have you got any recommendations for accommodation?