Play in reverb

t0pc4t
t0pc4t Posts: 947
edited July 2014 in MTB general
My new bike came with a reverb. It's nice but on my first ride I noticed there is a small amount of play in the saddle, possibly 2 -3 mm around the seatpost. On checking it, it isn't the saddle that's moving but rather where the seat clamp actually meets the seat post i.e. it's the reverb with play not the saddle being badly clamped.

Is this normal or should I be worried?
Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I think a little bit is normal.

Mine does it, and that was a brand new warranty replacement for one with dodgy seals (also had a bit of movement).
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • BloggingFit
    BloggingFit Posts: 919
    Slight side to side or rotation play is normal.

Any large compression movement under weight usually means the system needs bleeding.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • marcus'73
    marcus'73 Posts: 41
    I'm on my second one and both have had a bit of movement in them, the large nut at the at the top of the element that doesn't move tends to work loose which makes it worse.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    marcus'73 wrote:
    I'm on my second one and both have had a bit of movement in them, the large nut at the at the top of the element that doesn't move tends to work loose which makes it worse.

+1

Make sure that is done up tight
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    thanks all, that's set my mind at ease
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6